"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Head Chef

ISO round flat lolipops on stick - 5 flavors

This is incredible. I've spent an hour on the net trying to track down simple flat lolipops with no luck except to order in bulk from China. I'm speaking of simple FLAT round or oval shaped pops on a stick, not on a safety loop. Also, not the weird tasting tropical fruit ones (yuck) but rather the 5 flavors like orange, cherry, lemon, lime, grape.

Crayola makes some, but they're made to turn your tongue colors.

I much prefer the flat ones to the round ball shaped lolipops. I liked to crunch on them after awhile, but the round ball shaped ones are hard as a rock. I know its not good for the teeth to crunch on them, but I let them get down to very thin before the final crunch.

Anyone know of a site selling them, or even a brand name?

P.S. I was a fan of the 5 flavor Lifesavers, now they're all tropical fruit flavored.

P.P.S. How did the social media links get inserted at the bottom of my post? I didn't put them there.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Try this....
4 inch Whirly Pops 3 oz 1 piece - OldTimeCandy.com

Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Thanks for the reply. I found those on a lot of sites, I'm sure they're ok, only I want the simple vintage ones. See thru type pops, assorted basic flavors.

You'd think they would be easy to find, especially around Halloween. So far...no luck. I'm astonished.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Sous Chef

I don't know where you are located but I think there's a candy store in Old Sacramento that has all kinds of lollipops. I'm sure other towns with that vintage feel might have the same kind of store.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Vermont Country Store might have them too. If not, they might be able to find them.
https://t.vermontcountrystore.com/st...d_&_Candy/1021m
Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Head Chef

I've found some flat lolipops with the "safety loops" handle sticks that are regular flavored (not tropical).

I just thought of something. Maybe straight stick type pops are not found so much now because the straight sticks on the vintage pops I used to buy are now seen as choking hazards? I may settle on lolipops with the loop handles. At least they will be the old fruit flavors I used to enjoy. I don't like the flavors I see nowadays. Mango-pineapple, raspberry, etc. I can't even tell what flavor they are, I have to look at the wrapper.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Make your own! How hard can it be?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Make your own! How hard can it be?
I may look into that (*laugh*). I've seen the molds for sale, tho I saw no freaking simple round flat shaped molds. They probably make pre-made flavor mixes as part of the kit.

Anyways...I miss these type pops that you could buy almost anywhere...just a few years ago. Now they're nowhere to be found.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
Wine Guy

Like these?

Fruit Lollipops, the Classic 10 Flavors | Bulk Lollipops | Candy Creek Lollipops

Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post

I may look into that (*laugh*). I've seen the molds for sale, tho I saw no freaking simple round flat shaped molds. They probably make pre-made flavor mixes as part of the kit.

Anyways...I miss these type pops that you could buy almost anywhere...just a few years ago. Now they're nowhere to be found.
Thinking...

Ah! Silicone cupcake molds, pour a bit of the syrup on the bottom, and put a wooden stick in them. They'd look kinda like a flying saucer though.

Tags
recipe

ISO round flat lolipops on stick - 5 flavors This is incredible. I've spent an hour on the net trying to track down simple flat lolipops with no luck except to order in bulk from China. I'm speaking of simple FLAT round or oval shaped pops on a stick, not on a safety loop. Also, not the weird tasting tropical fruit ones (yuck) but rather the 5 flavors like orange, cherry, lemon, lime, grape. Crayola makes some, but they're made to turn your tongue colors. I much prefer the flat ones to the round ball shaped lolipops. I liked to crunch on them after awhile, but the round ball shaped ones are hard as a rock. I know its not good for the teeth to crunch on them, but I let them get down to very thin before the final crunch. Anyone know of a site selling them, or even a brand name? P.S. I was a fan of the 5 flavor Lifesavers, now they're all tropical fruit flavored. :mad: P.P.S. How did the social media links get inserted at the bottom of my post? I didn't put them there. 3 stars 1 reviews