Lemon fudge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisy

Senior Cook
Has anyone got a recipe for Lemon Fudge, using real lemons instead of extract?

I found a Lemon Walnut Fudge on the WWW, but it's not an easy recipe and I didn't fancy it.

Alex.. do you know how long sweetened condensed milk will last after it's opened? Lemon fudge sounds like a nice change from chocolate. Thanks for the idea daisy.

OK, haven't tried this one myself, let me know how it turns out.

3 (6 oz pkgs) white chocolate baking squares
1 (14 oz) can of Eagle Brand condensed milk
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
1 cup chopped almonds

Melt chocolate and condensed milk together in microwave (about 1-3 minutes on high). Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add other ingredients and pour into a 8x8 pan. Chill until firm. *I line pans with parchment when I make fudge*

pdswife, I think it lasts a LONG time if you store it in the fridge in a sealed container. It has a tendency to take on smells and flavours so make sure it is well sealed. DON'T store it in the can.

Thanks Alix. I've copied and pasted the recipe. I make cookies/treats for the neighbors every Christmas. I'm going to try this one out. Thanks too for the info about storing the milk.

Thanks Alix! I was beginning to despair. I suppose it would be stretching a point to find a recipe for lemon fudge that doesn't call for white chocolate? Or perhaps I could use something else instead? (It's not one of my favourite things.)

Daisy, I think it is mostly to solidify the condensed milk. I can't think what else you could use. I'm not a big white chocolate fan either, but I think the lemony flavour would compensate in this case. I'll cruise my recipe books and see if I can find another one for you.

Back
Top Bottom