"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Looking for hard candy mold...

I would love to find a reputable place to buy hard candy molds. If anyone has bought hard candy molds from an online source and are very satisfied with the molds they bought, I would greatly appreciate a link to the seller.

I specifically looking for a "Barrel" mold or a globe mold. Medium to large.

TIA!

__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I would love to find a reputable place to buy hard candy molds. If anyone has bought hard candy molds from an online source and are very satisfied with the molds they bought, I would greatly appreciate a link to the seller.

I specifically looking for a "Barrel" mold or a globe mold. Medium to large.

TIA!
Timothy I can take a look at Michael's craft store and will let you know if they have any thing like you're asking for. If so I'll PM you .
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
I think Wilton is TNT for candy-making. They also sell at Walmart.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
You know, my first thought when I saw this was, "Why would he want mold on his hard candy?" Sorry, nothing useful to add, I just shouldn't be awake yet. :)
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Timothy I can take a look at Michael's craft store and will let you know if they have any thing like you're asking for. If so I'll PM you .
kades
I checked at the Michael's in St. Augustine and they didn't. Perhaps the one near you does.

Thanks!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I think Wilton is TNT for candy-making. They also sell at Walmart.
What does TNT mean and who is Wilton?

Sorry, it's late and you've lost me.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy

What does TNT mean and who is Wilton?

Sorry, it's late and you've lost me.
Sorry Timothy, it had to be explained to me too, very slowly. TNT =Tried and true. Wilton is a very old candy making and cake equipment company. They may have what you need, or not. I think they have a website too. Probably also on Amazon.com. Good luck!

I do not do candy or cake, but have seen Wilton stuff, as one of the People of Walmart. (which, btw, is a hilarious site, with or without shopping. Prepare the eyebleach.)
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
The Dude Abides
 
TATTRAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bermuda Native in D.C./NoVA
Posts: 5,324
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Most craft supply places stock silicon candy molds. A Packed base of cornstarch, with the desired shape pressed into it can act as a mold for certain applications, but the finished candy may not have that perfect sheen/gloss to it, unless "polished".
__________________
flickr
TATTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sorry Timothy, it had to be explained to me too, very slowly. TNT =Tried and true. Wilton is a very old candy making and cake equipment company. They may have what you need, or not. I think they have a website too. Probably also on Amazon.com. Good luck!

I do not do candy or cake, but have seen Wilton stuff, as one of the People of Walmart. (which, btw, is a hilarious site, with or without shopping. Prepare the eyebleach.)
Thanks for clarifying. I don't text or use text abbreviations except for the most popular and then mostly not. I type pretty fast on my standard keyboard and never have to use my tiny phone keyboard for much.

I feel like half the population is forgetting how to write entire words.

u no wht i meen?
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Most craft supply places stock silicon candy molds. A Packed base of cornstarch, with the desired shape pressed into it can act as a mold for certain applications, but the finished candy may not have that perfect sheen/gloss to it, unless "polished".
They certainly don't stock them in my city. I've asked five "craft" stores and all I've gotten is "No sir, we don't".

I was hoping to find someone on this site that has some molds and could tell me the link to them.
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.