Looking for hard candy mold...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I would love to find a reputable place to buy hard candy molds. If anyone has bought hard candy molds from an online source and are very satisfied with the molds they bought, I would greatly appreciate a link to the seller.

I specifically looking for a "Barrel" mold or a globe mold. Medium to large.

TIA! :chef:

I would love to find a reputable place to buy hard candy molds. If anyone has bought hard candy molds from an online source and are very satisfied with the molds they bought, I would greatly appreciate a link to the seller.

I specifically looking for a "Barrel" mold or a globe mold. Medium to large.

TIA! :chef:
Timothy I can take a look at Michael's craft store and will let you know if they have any thing like you're asking for. If so I'll PM you .
kades

I think Wilton is TNT for candy-making. They also sell at Walmart.

Timothy said:
What does TNT mean and who is Wilton? :huh:

Sorry, it's late and you've lost me.

Sorry Timothy, it had to be explained to me too, very slowly. TNT =Tried and true. Wilton is a very old candy making and cake equipment company. They may have what you need, or not. I think they have a website too. Probably also on Amazon.com. Good luck!

I do not do candy or cake, but have seen Wilton stuff, as one of the People of Walmart. (which, btw, is a hilarious site, with or without shopping. Prepare the eyebleach.)

Last edited:
Most craft supply places stock silicon candy molds. A Packed base of cornstarch, with the desired shape pressed into it can act as a mold for certain applications, but the finished candy may not have that perfect sheen/gloss to it, unless "polished".

Sorry Timothy, it had to be explained to me too, very slowly. TNT =Tried and true. Wilton is a very old candy making and cake equipment company. They may have what you need, or not. I think they have a website too. Probably also on Amazon.com. Good luck!

I do not do candy or cake, but have seen Wilton stuff, as one of the People of Walmart. (which, btw, is a hilarious site, with or without shopping. Prepare the eyebleach.)

Thanks for clarifying. I don't text or use text abbreviations except for the most popular and then mostly not. I type pretty fast on my standard keyboard and never have to use my tiny phone keyboard for much.

I feel like half the population is forgetting how to write entire words.

u no wht i meen?

Most craft supply places stock silicon candy molds. A Packed base of cornstarch, with the desired shape pressed into it can act as a mold for certain applications, but the finished candy may not have that perfect sheen/gloss to it, unless "polished".

They certainly don't stock them in my city. I've asked five "craft" stores and all I've gotten is "No sir, we don't".

I was hoping to find someone on this site that has some molds and could tell me the link to them.

Years ago I made my own candles. Candle molds come in all different shapes. I wonder if those might work? Craft stores should carry them.

Last edited:
This will be my first adventure into candy making. I thought it would be wise as a beginner to start with the stuff proven to work. Plus, when that Pro Candy Maker comes forth, I will pepper them with lots of other questions. <the plan> :LOL::rolleyes:

I love caramel and butterscotch hard candies and thought it would be fun to be able to make my own using "Stevia" in them. I use Stevia in everything I make that is sweet and the aftertaste many speak of is something I don't taste at all.

I'm a diabetic, (type II), so I use stevia in everything and can make it as sweet tasting as I wish.

My goal is to make a couple pounds of hard candy and keep it in the freezer until I want another batch. On a super hot day, a frozen hard candy is a real treat.

Hard candy molds

C and K has a catalog with alot of these and tons of other stuff.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom