Lorann Oils Reviews...Creamy Caramel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss Cassandra

Assistant Cook
I'm new to the world of making sweet treats. What are everybody's thoughts on Lorann Oils? I'm seeing them in all the baking supply stores but have never used them.

Specifically, has anybody tried the Creamy Caramel Natural flavour? I'd like some feedback before I buy because Lorann is so $$$!!! I plan on using it to flavour buttercream and icings, I won't be baking or cooking it.

Thanks!

LorAnn is a quality product. I haven't used their oils, but have used their emulsions. The oils are very concentrated and are usually used for candies, especially chocolates since they are less likely to affect the texture like other flavorings, they should work in buttercreams, just start out with a drop at a time.

You should be able to find good prices online, or use coupons for craft stores, michael's and ACmoore, frequently have 40-50% off coupons, you can even print them from their websites.

I haven't tried the creamy caramel but I am in love with the sweet buttery dough and I can't wait to try more!

I'm new to the world of making sweet treats. What are everybody's thoughts on Lorann Oils? I'm seeing them in all the baking supply stores but have never used them.

Specifically, has anybody tried the Creamy Caramel Natural flavour? I'd like some feedback before I buy because Lorann is so $$$!!! I plan on using it to flavour buttercream and icings, I won't be baking or cooking it.

Thanks!

Lorann Oils are great! I have been using these flavours for a number of years! Potent little buggers. One little 2.7mL dram is enough to easily flavour over a pound of candy. You can add as little or as much as you want. I have used as little as half a dram for a pound, and as much as 4 drams for a pound.

I have used amaretto, anise, apple, banana creme, blackberry, blueberry, bubble gum, butterscotch, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, cotton candy, cran-raspberry, creme de menthe, egg nog, key lime, lemon, licorice, lime, maple, marshmallow, mint, orange oil, orange creme, peach, peanut butter, pina colada, raspberry, root beer, salt water taffy, sassafras, strawberry, strawberry kiwi, tropical punch, tutti-frutti, watermelon and wintergreen. All for candy making.

Of those I found apple to be the only weak flavour.
Anise and clove will leave your kitchen equipment and tools wreaking of them for weeks, not recommended.
Peanut butter didn't make a good candy, luckily the person who bought this batch of candy off of me disagreed.

No I haven't tried the Creamy Caramel flavour, but I would say get it. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom