LP's Mom's Easy Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fluff brand marshmallow fluff only has Corn Syrup, Sugar Syrup, Dried Egg Whites and Vanillin. No HFCS. Not a scary ingredient list to me. It's nice to see a junk food that isn't filled with crazy stuff!

This looks good! If someone else already asked this, I apologize, but I didn't see it -- Is it a large or small package of pudding? I'm assuming it is a large one, but I wanted to make sure.

This looks good! If someone else already asked this, I apologize, but I didn't see it -- Is it a large or small package of pudding? I'm assuming it is a large one, but I wanted to make sure.

I don't know if anyone asked before, and I am sorry I didn't put it in, but in the days when my mom first made this I am sure they only had the 4 serving size. That is what I have always used and it worked. It is hard when you get old recipes that you are just used to and then pass them on to other people!:angel:

I don't know if anyone asked before, and I am sorry I didn't put it in, but in the days when my mom first made this I am sure they only had the 4 serving size. That is what I have always used and it worked. It is hard when you get old recipes that you are just used to and then pass them on to other people!:angel:
I know what you mean! And thanks! :cool:

I have made a number of fudges using nothing but eagle brand condensed milk and chocolate chips. If I remember correctly I did 4 cups of chips to a can of condensed milk. Double boil the chips, add condensed milk, ta da!

Hi Goboenomo. Sounds great! If you cant get hold of chocolate chips what is the equivalent in slab chocolate? My daughter will love this. I have been threatening to make fudge for ages :)

Hi Goboenomo. Sounds great! If you cant get hold of chocolate chips what is the equivalent in slab chocolate? My daughter will love this. I have been threatening to make fudge for ages :)

Blue Butterfly, my recipe, listed below in the first post of this thread doesn't call for chocolate, just a chocolate pudding mix. :)

The fudge is great, Laurie. I made chocolate and butterscotch at Christmastime. Glenn really enjoyed it, especially the butterscotch. He's not much of a chocolate eater.

I soooooo wanted to make pistachio but no one that I could find made the cook-and-eat version. Just the instant. Boo!

800 grams of slab chocolate should be equal to 4 cups of chocolate chips.

The fudge is great, Laurie. I made chocolate and butterscotch at Christmastime. Glenn really enjoyed it, especially the butterscotch. He's not much of a chocolate eater.

I soooooo wanted to make pistachio but no one that I could find made the cook-and-eat version. Just the instant. Boo!

Thanks so much for the feedback, Katie! I am glad you both liked it. :)

Jell-O used to make a cooked pistachio but I haven't seen it for years. Yes, that would be really good!

800 grams of slab chocolate should be equal to 4 cups of chocolate chips.

Gobo, good to see you posting again. It has been awhile! :)

BTW, I wasn't trying to slam your fudge version, just letting them know the original recipe didn't call for chips or slab if they didn't want to go that way. You should try mine, it is really good. And I will give yours a go too...when I can eat sugar again (long story). :)

Gobo, good to see you posting again. It has been awhile! :)

BTW, I wasn't trying to slam your fudge version, just letting them know the original recipe didn't call for chips or slab if they didn't want to go that way. You should try mine, it is really good. And I will give yours a go too...when I can eat sugar again (long story). :)

Of course not. As she mentioned not having chocolate chips - it was a good thing to remind her that she doesn't even need them. It is your thread after all. :)

It's good to see you too, LPBeier. Perhaps I will try this fudge recipe of yours.

Back
Top Bottom