Macaroons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
3 squares (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Do you think this is a good recipe?
Or is there something better?

Looks fine to me. I use cocoa though in mine. I'll see if I can find my recipe here if you like.

Inga's Macaroons

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine/butter
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla

Combine cocoa and sugar in pan. Slowly add milk and blend. Stir over low heat until dissolved. Bring to a boil and add butter and oats. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add coconut and vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Chill to set.

Sounds great. Thanks alot.
Hopefully my mom will pick me up the ingredients i need

This is the recipe I use. My husband LOVES them

2 egg whites
1/2 t. vanilla
2/3 c. sugar
1 c. flaked coconut

In a small mixer bowl beat egg white and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating till soft peaks form. Fold in coconut.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 oven for 10-12 minutes. Keep oven door closed until cool.

Macaroons are one of those words that have more than one meaning I think. For some its a meringuey type of golden cookie, and for others its a chewy chocolatey gooey treat.

Macaroons are in the oven.

Oh and Alix, I knew that. I was just bugging about not using chocolate. :P

Gobo...I know that, but did the other poster? Or maybe some person just popping in? All information is GOOD information. :cool:

I am using Ina Garten's recipe for a party next week. I am going to try to pipe the macaroons with an extra large star tip and dip the bottoms in chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom