Make my fudge last longer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Okay, I did a search, but, it came up with 1001 threads and my brain just can't cypher through it all. How can I make my fudge last longer? I making one, regular cooked to 238 degrees today and I want it to last until next Sunday. Also, I will be making a couple other ones tomorrow and want the same length for lasting. They are about the same, one has eggnog and one with cherry's, but, made the same with way with white chocolate chips.
Can I store it a certain way or what?

I'm LMAO...make fudge LAST???? You have got to be kidding. That is a question that has never been asked because it all gets eaten so quick.

OK, seriously though. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil and you can either refrigerate or freeze it that way.

I thought I'd ask here since it is a similar question.....can you just ship fudge? or does it need dry ice ect.

Recipe I have seen says store the fudge in the refridgerator until an hour or so before serving...so does that meant I shouldnt ship it??

I have insulated boxes that I bought at a hardware store. Wrap the fudge in saran, and tin foil and then, place in a zip lock bag. Put in insulated box with a "Freeze Block" in it. Make sure the package doesn't rattle--fill with popped corn or styrofoam peanuts and mail priority or overnight depending upon the location.

I'm LMAO...make fudge LAST???? You have got to be kidding. That is a question that has never been asked because it all gets eaten so quick.
:ROFLMAO: I was thinking along the same lines. The best way to make fudge last is to NOT EAT IT! Hide it somewhere in the house.:LOL:

I have insulated boxes that I bought at a hardware store. Wrap the fudge in saran, and tin foil and then, place in a zip lock bag. Put in insulated box with a "Freeze Block" in it. Make sure the package doesn't rattle--fill with popped corn or styrofoam peanuts and mail priority or overnight depending upon the location.

Hmmm I think I will just leave it out! too much work for me this time around!

Thanks!

And for you smarty pants on here, it's just me and dh right now, so, no problem for it being there, just lasting, lol

Smarty pants??? Me??? Better than a dumb...pants I guess. :rolleyes:

You could send some of that fudge my way since you are going to the post office anyway...:angel:

I've tried putting the fudge in the freezer out in the garage to make it last longer...it doesn't. I just get out of my chair and go after it.

Yes, Katie, it is! I think since TG has brought up the subject of fudge and tantalized us with it she should share...Then we can decide if it is worth saving!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::pig::pig:;);)

Fudge?! Did someone say "fudge?"

Oh, yum!!! Chocolate is a food group, yes?:LOL::LOL:

Of course
img_744856_0_cd1ca117f809b09192645a08ab7ce2c6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom