"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
OMG, this is so timely! My DH's birthday is next week - the day before Thanksgiving - so we're celebrating this weekend. He loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I know he'll love this

Brings back memories - growing up in Michigan, my mom used to make fudge and put it in the garage to chill. I doubt it will get cold enough here to put it outside
Here's another memory GG. I used to hide the kids cheap Easter candy baskets in the garage when they were little. When they became teenagers I popped for very expensive Easter eggs from See's Candy Store for them and also hid them in the garage. That was the only year the dang mice got into their candy and that was the end of Easter candy forever.
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic
OMG, this is so timely! My DH's birthday is next week - the day before Thanksgiving - so we're celebrating this weekend. He loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I know he'll love this

Brings back memories - growing up in Michigan, my mom used to make fudge and put it in the garage to chill. I doubt it will get cold enough here to put it outside
I grew up in Michigan too, and my mom always put the fudge in the garage to cool. We aren't related are we????
__________________

__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle

Here's another memory GG. I used to hide the kids cheap Easter candy baskets in the garage when they were little. When they became teenagers I popped for very expensive Easter eggs from See's Candy Store for them and also hid them in the garage. That was the only year the dang mice got into their candy and that was the end of Easter candy forever.
Oh nooo! No more Easter candy!?!
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper

I grew up in Michigan too, and my mom always put the fudge in the garage to cool. We aren't related are we????
Hmm, could be... Do you have a thing for cherries?
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Snip, I got to thinking, dangerous I know! Be sure you make it clear to your sister, especially if she is a cooking novice, that she MUST use Sweetened Condensed Milk for this recipe. Our brand is Borden here. At any rate, regular evaporated canned milk just won't work.
Thank you Kayelle I've never even seen a recipe for fudge without sweetened condensed milk before now. That's what we always use. I only make regular fudge and my sister seems to make a mess of my recipe
I usually make it for her, that's why I needed a fool proof recipe this time.
Your recipe is easier than mine.
I make mine the old fashioned way with condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and butter. The kind of fudge you have to stir for ages over a low heat!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Head Chef
 
medtran49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,117
If anybody wants it, I've got my mom's that dates back to the 1960s. It uses smooth peanut butter, mini-marshmellows, sugar, butter, evap milk, and vanilla. It's pretty much idiot proof except you do have to spend time stirring and it's easier to make if you have an electric skillet or something similar that you can set exact temp on but it's doable on a stove too. It's REALLY good. Our DD makes her husband make it (she doesn't cook) every year for the holidays if I don't make it.

I'll dig out the recipe if there is interest.

Karen
__________________
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
If anybody wants it, I've got my mom's that dates back to the 1960s. It uses smooth peanut butter, mini-marshmellows, sugar, butter, evap milk, and vanilla. It's pretty much idiot proof except you do have to spend time stirring and it's easier to make if you have an electric skillet or something similar that you can set exact temp on but it's doable on a stove too. It's REALLY good. Our DD makes her husband make it (she doesn't cook) every year for the holidays if I don't make it.

I'll dig out the recipe if there is interest.

Karen
I would love it thank you! My Sister has already made Kayelle's and Merstar's. I love old recipes!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Kayelle and Merstar, thanks again. My sister was busy making both of your recipes when I spoke to her earlier. Will find out how it came out tomorrow. She needed 2 batches so she made both. That way if she flops one she can just redo a batch.
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Kayelle and Merstar, thanks again. My sister was busy making both of your recipes when I spoke to her earlier. Will find out how it came out tomorrow. She needed 2 batches so she made both. That way if she flops one she can just redo a batch.
Thanks so much for the report Snip! I'm thrilled that she used both recipes as the one posted by Merstar looks excellent also. I also believe that Merstar's recipe is probably more economical to make.
Can't wait to hear what she has to say. Would you like to invite her to join us, or is this your private sand box? I would understand that.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Thanks so much for the report Snip! I'm thrilled that she used both recipes as the one posted by Merstar looks excellent also. I also believe that Merstar's recipe is probably more economical to make.
Can't wait to hear why she has to say. Would you like to invite her to join us, or is this your private sand box? I would understand that.
I'm glad she used both too Will let you know what she thought of them! I want to make them too, just waiting for month end. Pantry is a bit bare.
P.S DC is my toy with my friends in it, I'm not sharing
Besides, she's too busy with her Blog. She's not that into cooking.
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
butter, other, recipe

Need Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe HELP QUICK I need a recipe for my sister. It's her hubby bday and she wants to make him peanut butter fudge. I kinda told her one of you guys will be able to help :angel: She's short on cash so the recipe must be idiot proof :lol: I found a recipe in the forums but it had marshmallow fluff in it. We don't get that in SA. Please please help!? Must have a recipe by tomorrow :sad: 3 stars 1 reviews
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.