Need Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe HELP QUICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I need a recipe for my sister. It's her hubby bday and she wants to make him peanut butter fudge.
I kinda told her one of you guys will be able to help :angel:
She's short on cash so the recipe must be idiot proof :LOL:
I found a recipe in the forums but it had marshmallow fluff in it. We don't get that in SA.
Please please help!? Must have a recipe by tomorrow :(

Snip, do you have peanut butter chips, like chocolate chips? If so, this recipe is fool proof and wonderful.

18 oz. chocolate chips (3 cups) or peanut butter chips, or a combo to equal 3 cups
1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
dash of salt
1 tsp. good vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix chips and sweetened condensed milk in a glass bowl. Microwave for two minutes, pausing to stir three times in those two minutes, till chips are completely melted into the milk. Stir in salt, vanilla and nuts. Pour into a foil lined 8x8 in pan leaving enough foil to lift out candy later. Refrigerate at least two hours, lift candy out of pan, and cut into even squares.

I have used milk choc. chips, white choc. chips, butterscotch chips, dark choc. chips, and peanut butter chips. Each batch is perfect.
This is the best fudge you will ever eat, and there is none of the usual "mystery" of making fudge involved.

Last edited:
Snip, do you have peanut butter chips, like chocolate chips? If so, this recipe is fool proof and wonderful.

18 oz. chocolate chips (3 cups) or peanut butter chips, or a combo to equal 3 cups
dash of salt
1 tsp. good vanilla

Mix chips and sweetened condensed milk in a glass bowl. Microwave for two minutes, pausing to stir three times in those two minutes, till chips are completely melted into the milk. Stir in salt, vanilla and nuts. Pour into a foil lined 8x8 in pan leaving enough foil to lift out candy later. Refrigerate at least two hours, lift candy out of pan, and cut into even squares.

I have used milk choc. chips, white choc. chips, butterscotch chips, dark choc. chips, and peanut butter chips. Each batch is perfect.
This is the best fudge you will ever eat, and there is none of the usual "mystery" of making fudge involved.

Thank you Kayelle :) You're a star! Sure she can use chocolate chips and peanuts if she can't find peanut butter chips.

This one looks nice :yum:

dash of salt
1 tsp. good vanilla

Snip, I got to thinking, dangerous I know! Be sure you make it clear to your sister, especially if she is a cooking novice, that she MUST use Sweetened Condensed Milk for this recipe. Our brand is Borden here. At any rate, regular evaporated canned milk just won't work.

OMG, this is so timely! My DH's birthday is next week - the day before Thanksgiving - so we're celebrating this weekend. He loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I know he'll love this :)

Brings back memories - growing up in Michigan, my mom used to make fudge and put it in the garage to chill. I doubt it will get cold enough here to put it outside :LOL:

OMG, this is so timely! My DH's birthday is next week - the day before Thanksgiving - so we're celebrating this weekend. He loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I know he'll love this :)

Brings back memories - growing up in Michigan, my mom used to make fudge and put it in the garage to chill. I doubt it will get cold enough here to put it outside :LOL:

Here's another memory GG. I used to hide the kids cheap Easter candy baskets in the garage when they were little. When they became teenagers I popped for very expensive Easter eggs from See's Candy Store for them and also hid them in the garage. That was the only year the dang mice got into their candy and that was the end of Easter candy forever. :LOL:

GotGarlic said:

I grew up in Michigan too, and my mom always put the fudge in the garage to cool. We aren't related are we????

Kayelle said:
Here's another memory GG. I used to hide the kids cheap Easter candy baskets in the garage when they were little. When they became teenagers I popped for very expensive Easter eggs from See's Candy Store for them and also hid them in the garage. That was the only year the dang mice got into their candy and that was the end of Easter candy forever. :LOL:

Oh nooo! No more Easter candy!?! :LOL:

Snip, I got to thinking, dangerous I know! Be sure you make it clear to your sister, especially if she is a cooking novice, that she MUST use Sweetened Condensed Milk for this recipe. Our brand is Borden here. At any rate, regular evaporated canned milk just won't work.

Thank you Kayelle :) I've never even seen a recipe for fudge without sweetened condensed milk before now. That's what we always use. I only make regular fudge and my sister seems to make a mess of my recipe :LOL:
I usually make it for her, that's why I needed a fool proof recipe this time.
Your recipe is easier than mine.
I make mine the old fashioned way with condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and butter. The kind of fudge you have to stir for ages over a low heat!

Last edited:
If anybody wants it, I've got my mom's that dates back to the 1960s. It uses smooth peanut butter, mini-marshmellows, sugar, butter, evap milk, and vanilla. It's pretty much idiot proof except you do have to spend time stirring and it's easier to make if you have an electric skillet or something similar that you can set exact temp on but it's doable on a stove too. It's REALLY good. Our DD makes her husband make it (she doesn't cook) every year for the holidays if I don't make it.

I'll dig out the recipe if there is interest.

Karen

If anybody wants it, I've got my mom's that dates back to the 1960s. It uses smooth peanut butter, mini-marshmellows, sugar, butter, evap milk, and vanilla. It's pretty much idiot proof except you do have to spend time stirring and it's easier to make if you have an electric skillet or something similar that you can set exact temp on but it's doable on a stove too. It's REALLY good. Our DD makes her husband make it (she doesn't cook) every year for the holidays if I don't make it.

I'll dig out the recipe if there is interest.

Karen

I would love it :) thank you! My Sister has already made Kayelle's and Merstar's. I love old recipes!

Last edited:
Kayelle and Merstar, thanks again. My sister was busy making both of your recipes when I spoke to her earlier. Will find out how it came out tomorrow. She needed 2 batches so she made both. That way if she flops one she can just redo a batch.

Kayelle and Merstar, thanks again. My sister was busy making both of your recipes when I spoke to her earlier. Will find out how it came out tomorrow. She needed 2 batches so she made both. That way if she flops one she can just redo a batch.

Thanks so much for the report Snip! I'm thrilled that she used both recipes as the one posted by Merstar looks excellent also. I also believe that Merstar's recipe is probably more economical to make.
Can't wait to hear what she has to say. Would you like to invite her to join us, or is this your private sand box? I would understand that. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the report Snip! I'm thrilled that she used both recipes as the one posted by Merstar looks excellent also. I also believe that Merstar's recipe is probably more economical to make.
Can't wait to hear why she has to say. Would you like to invite her to join us, or is this your private sand box? I would understand that. ;)

I'm glad she used both too :) Will let you know what she thought of them! I want to make them too, just waiting for month end. Pantry is a bit bare.
P.S DC is my toy with my friends in it, I'm not sharing :-p :ROFLMAO:
Besides, she's too busy with her Blog. She's not that into cooking.

Back
Top Bottom