"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 07-11-2016, 03:51 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

i love peanut butter is so good

Old 07-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #12
Executive Chef

I make buckeyes, and all my other recipes that call for peanut butter, with Superbutter, a seed butter replacement for people with peanut or other nut allergies. It's made with flax, sunflower, and sesame seeds and tastes pretty close to peanut butter, especially in recipes. You can buy it on line at Amazon.com or superbutter.com, or in TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

Buckeye Superballs

Ingredients:

• 12oz crunchy Superbutter
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 lb Confectioner’s sugar, sifted
• tsp Amoretti Madagascar-Bourbon Vanilla Extract
• 12oz semi-sweet chocolate

Instructions:

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the Superbutter and butter together, then add the vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in the confectioner’s sugar to create a dough. Form the dough into 1-inch balls, place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets, stick a toothpick in each ball, and chill them in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Alternately, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and 30 second intervals, and stir until smooth.
Holding them by the toothpick, dip each ball into the chocolate to cover about of the ball, leaving a small amount of the Superbutter mixture showing, and return them to the parchment lined cookies sheets. Remove the toothpicks, smooth over the holes, and allow the Buckeyes to cool.

Here is my all-time favorite recipe for using Superbutter: Be True To Your School and I've used all four different flavours in this recipe

Tags
butter