Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter and chocolate have to be my favorite sweet. Here are some balls we made a couple of days ago with my daughter. Very easy and you can't eat just one, so make sure you have some help or you will end up eating two dozen by yourself in a couple of days....
Ingredients: 1½ cups peanut butter
16 ounces powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, divided
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and place in the freezer.
2. Mix peanut butter, ½ cup butter, sugar, and vanilla. Remove frozen sheet. With hands form nickel-sized balls. Mixture will be stiff. Place balls on sheet and spear with a toothpick.
3. Once sheet is full place sheet back into the freezer and allow balls freeze while slowly melting together chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in a double boiler. You can use a microwave also, but be careful and do it in 20 second increments and stir each time to ensure even melting.
4. Remove balls from freezer and coat in chocolate as desired and replace onto waxed cookie sheet.
5. Freeze or refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to allow chocolate to firm.
6. For storage, keep refrigerated.