Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
I wanted ice cream tonight but all we have is vanilla and I'm kind of tired of vanilla. We're out of chocolate syrup, don't have any bananas, don't have any caramel. We do have peanut butter and brown sugar though. So I figured I'd mix some peanut butter and brown sugar with a little cinnamon and put that on the ice cream. It was grainier than I wanted so I figured I'd melt them together. It was still kind of grainy and thicker than I wanted so I thought about adding a little milk. Then I remembered we still had some cream left so decided to add that instead. It was so freaking good! So here are the approximate amounts (best guess) and the specific process I used (not actually very specific).

4 tblsp creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
No idea how much cinnamon. It was enough to stand up to the peanut butter without overwhelming it.

Mix peanut buter, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Heat over meadium, stiring constantly, until it is very melty, kind of liquidy. Turn down to low and add the cream a little at a time, stiring quickly, almost like hand whipping. When done it will be creamy smooth, thick but soft, and almost but not quite drizzely, kind of like the caramel fruit dip you can get at the store. Sorry, best I can describe it. Serve while still hot over ice cream and it is super yummy.

Definitely want to make it again so I'll have to see if I can figure out precise measurements.

Back
Top Bottom