Peanutbutter Cups Recipe (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
These taste just like Reeses Peanutbutter Cups. I make these around Christmas time to give as gifts. This recipe makes approximately 85 peanutbutter cups. You can purchase the chocolate and the paper wrappers at a cake supply place or maybe a candy store.

4 lbs. milk chocolate
paper wrappers ( as many as you need, but this makes 85)
18 ounces creamy peanutbutter
1 lb. confectionary sugar
1 stick melted butter

Melt butter, then cream together with peanutbutter and confectionary sugar.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler (should be shiny)

Spoon melted chocolate into paper cups, then add a peanutbutter patty, and then more melted chocolate on top. Place in freezer for 4 minutes, or until ready to use. Easy and yummy!

OMG, you would have to give a recipe of my favorite candy!!AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!
I'll try them at my sisters too.

These sound great! Do you form the peanut butter mixture into patties before putting them on top of the chocolate? If so, how much do you use for each cup?

PA,

Mostly the size of the patty depends on the size wrappers you get, and since I got small ones, I used approximately 1 tsp and formed the patty as I went. In other words, I didnt form the patty in advance. I worked on one peanutbutter cup at a time. So I poured the melted chocolate in one wrapper, then the patty, then the chocolate again, and set it on a baking sheet to put into the freezer.

texasgirl said:
OMG, you would have to give a recipe of my favorite candy!!AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!
I'll try them at my sisters too.

Hope you like them!:) They are great eaten frozen too.

Awesome - peanut butter cups are quite hard to come by in my neck of the woods - but luckily all your ingredients are easy to source! Cool recipe - thanks for sharing it so close to Halloween - I'm 100% for homemade treats!

p.s.
What size wrappers do you use?

Peanut butter...chocolate...yummy! And 85 candies...HEAVEN HAS ARRIVED! (though my mom would make us eat them over a period of several days, I'm sure)

oh my these look de-lish! I've been looking for some candy recipes to make for my co-workers for the holiday season. i think ill have to try these.

amber said:
These taste just like Reeses Peanutbutter Cups. I make these around Christmas time to give as gifts. This recipe makes approximately 85 peanutbutter cups. You can purchase the chocolate and the paper wrappers at a cake supply place or maybe a candy store.

4 lbs. milk chocolate
paper wrappers ( as many as you need, but this makes 85)
18 ounces creamy peanutbutter
1 lb. confectionary sugar
1 stick melted butter

Melt butter, then cream together with peanutbutter and confectionary sugar.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler (should be shiny)

Spoon melted chocolate into paper cups, then add a peanutbutter patty, and then more melted chocolate on top. Place in freezer for 4 minutes, or until ready to use. Easy and yummy!

Would it be ok to use the muffin cups ?

If you mean those mini-muffin paper wraps/cups, I think that would work ok.

You can also make the peanut butter filling, roll into logs to fit the size of cups and freeze. Take the logs out to thaw a few minutes before you're ready for them, and slice with a thin knife dipped in hot water. Works great for me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom