Peppermint Patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
For all you sweet-tooth's, here it is It was a web recipe originally but I changed it and tweaked it so much it is mine now! But I am happy to share.

Laurie's Peppermint Patties

3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate, chopped (you can use chips)
2 teaspoons white shortening

In a large mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and peppermint extract. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, to form a stiff dough that is no longer sticky. Form into 1 inch balls, then place on waxed paper and flatten with fingers to form patties. Let patties dry at room temperature two hours, turning once.

Melt chocolate with shortening in a deep narrow bowl over hot water, stirring often. Remove from heat. Dip patties, one at a time, into chocolate and lift out on the tines of a fork, making sure it is all covered. Do not leave in chocolate or pattie will start melting. Lay coated patties on waxed paper and refrigerate until set. Best kept refrigerated and do well in freezer.

Enjoy!

Nice...can't wait to try this. I love York peppermint patties. I saw your post on fav candy.

Miss Laurie I need sugar like I need another hole in my head....but I just gotta try this one...Maybe the DW will eat most of them....

Thanks!!

:) Oh Boy! I do love those peppermint patties. Dark chocolate and mint one of the greatest combinations ever.

Suzi, you can make your own! The recipe is at the start of the thread and is really easy - Lego Girl can help (just don't let her get peppermint up her nose as it will sting!)

Well, Jeff, Uncle Bob made them for his wife (and then snatched a couple). I am sure there is someone you can make them for and then you won't have to be so tempted to eat them all!

Back
Top Bottom