Originally Posted by BillB
Yes Iím getting mold after only 4 days in one of the batches Iíve made. Its molding in open air and in a zip lock.
As a comparison I made several recipes I found on the web.
What do you mean oxidization? Shrinkage due to water evaporation? Thatís a problem I need to work out as well.
Oxidation is them being exposed to air and losing flavor/getting hard/etc.
Mold on candy is an extremely rare phenomenon, because usually the sugar and/or acid content is too high to promote such growth.
Best anti-mold agents in candy making are either higher sugar content or the addition of lemon juice to lower the pH.
No need to get into chemical preservatives to keep your gummies yummy!