Question about candy making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MountainSage

Assistant Cook
Hi there. I'm new here and I hoping someone can answer my question. I'm trying to remember the name of something and it's driving me crazy that I can't think of the name.

About 20 years ago I helped a friend make chocolate covered cherries and peanut butter cups. She had a white powder (not convectionary sugar) that we put in the cherry juice for a filling for the chocolate covered cherries. We also used it in the peanut butter for the peanut butter cups.

I cannot think of the name of the stuff. She bought it in a candy making shop.

Does anybody happen to know the name? From what I can tell from the browsing I've done on candy making supply sites, it's evidently not used any more.

some people use a fondant

That's the only word I could come up with but didn't think it was correct as I now associate fondant with the rolled fondant icing. I guess there is some other form that could be used.

on another thread, someone mentioned to google "cherry cordials," and one can find lots of recipes there.

on another thread, someone mentioned to google "cherry cordials," and one can find lots of recipes there.

Thanks. I looked at a bunch of recipes and saw no mention of the word I was trying to think of. I doubt I'll ever make a cherry cordial again.

I've looked at lots of recipes, and it's fondant that melts after a couple days of "ripening" that creates the liquid center. There are lots of recipes out there for a liquid center cherry cordial. Some use a purchased fondant, or a "dry" fondant, but many just use corn syurp and powdered sugar base.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom