Rolos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thecactuswill

Senior Cook
Bought a stick of these today for the first time since I was a kid. Took me back 20 years!

If you put a Rolo on a mini pretzel and heat it in the oven til the Rolo is soft and mushy then let it solidify, it's a really good treat!

Kinda like a pretzel Turtle. :)

Half Baked said:
If you put a Rolo on a mini pretzel and heat it in the oven til the Rolo is soft and mushy then let it solidify, it's a really good treat!

Reminds me of the scene from Dom Deluise's (sp?) movie "Fatso." He and his buddies from a diet support group are describing their favorite gastronomic sins. One character (great character actor, huge fellow, can't recall his name) blows the others away when he says he likes to suck the jelly out of a jelly doughnut, stick a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the hole, and heat the whole thing in the microwave.

I always thought it would be better with vanilla ice cream -- but then I think most everything would be better with a little vanilla ice cream! :pig:

when he says he likes to suck the jelly out of a jelly doughnut, stick a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the hole, and heat the whole thing in the microwave.

That's almost worth driving to Krispy Kreme for....:pig: :LOL:

Half Baked said:

We make these alot around Christmas - a great "cookie" to share - very different and tastes great (not to mention how easy they are to make!)

Half Baked said:

We make these too at Christmas, Michelemarie, but with the addition of a pecan half pushed onto the rolo when it's still soft, out of the oven. Very good and very easy for kids. Another easy melter (not to go to far off topic) is to take a round pretzel and melt a chocolate kiss in the center and push an m&m into it. Again - very tastey!
:)

We make these too at Christmas, Michelemarie, but with the addition of a pecan half pushed onto the rolo when it's still soft, out of the oven. Very good and very easy for kids. Another easy melter (not to go to far off topic) is to take a round pretzel and melt a chocolate kiss in the center and push an m&m into it. Again - very tastey!

D'oh...I put a pecan on top too. Geez, where has my mind gone? :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom