Spiced Pumpkin Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Not sure where I picked this one up from. It sure sounds good!

Spiced Pumpkin Fudge
Makes: ~ 3 #

3 c, sugar
12 T (1 ½ sticks), unsalted butter
2/3 c evaporated milk
½ c canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 t pumpkin pie spice
One 12 oz pkg butterscotch morsels
One 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
1 c chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans
1 t vanilla

Grease a 15 x 10” jellyroll pan, and set aside. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, and spice mix, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring, until the mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat, and stir in the morsels. Add the marshmallow cream, nuts, and vanilla, and mix until well blended. Quickly pour the mixture into the pan, and spread with a spatula to even it. Allow the fudge to cool thoroughly, and cut it into squares.

Pumpkin Fudge

Finally, I got to make this again and did not add quite as much sugar. Last time everyone said too sweet so I cut back on sugar. Most of the comments were it tastes like icing. Of course, they do not like sweets around here but never figured it out that it was pumpkin. Also wants more pecans next time. Said it tastes like some kind of toffee. I find it very good but limit myself to few pieces. It sure is good in my opinion. Anyway, it is worth the effort. Combination sure was interesting. Good luck!

Oooohhhh yummy! I love pumpkin, I've never seen it done up as a fudge though - thanks for sharing Allen, I think I have the first recipe to put aside for next Halloween :)

Back
Top Bottom