Toffee with a secret TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
That's right this candy has a secret;) Line a 9x13 inside with foil bring the foil 1 inch up the sides. turn oven to 375 now melt 1/2 cup of butter in small pan add 2/3 c. brown sugar and boil rapidly til butter melts and becomes syrupy about 30 seconds. Pour onto foil lined pan. Tilt the pan so you can coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Arrange a layer of soda crackers about 24 over the syrup allowing 1/8 of an inch between the crackers Bake for 10 min. Remove from ovenimmediatly sprinkle with 1-1/2 c. chocolate chips and 3/4 c. finley chopped walnuts.Return to oven for 1 min more and spread the chocolte which will be very soft over the sugar taking care to keep crackers intact.Refrigerate an hour or more or til firm. lift from pam remove foil break into chunks refrig for storage. Have you figured out what the secret is????
kades

it's the crackers:LOL:

I've made this before. It's very easy. I love it & do it often in the microwave in small portions out of desperation to cater to my sweet tooth.

This looks like an interesting combination. I am anxious to try it. We go through alot of different bars at work & am always looking for something different. I will definitely give these a try.

Back
Top Bottom