Toffees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valouth

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody!

I would like to make toffees tomorrow but i don't have any recipe... does someone know one?

Valerie

They are sometimes referred to as Caramels or soft/chewy toffees here in Australia.

Your best bet is to go back to that site and get the proper name of the dish or see if they have the recipe.

Being Indian food, it may have spices added that we would not be able to id from a photo. It may also have coconut in.

See what you can get from there first of all. If you draw a blank, there are some caramel recipes on this site in the candies section.

Well they don't have any spices i am sure of that, i baught some last time and i wanted to know how to make them. I looked on the internet but unfortunatly all the recipes are different so i don't know wich one to take :ermm:

That's why I suggested going back to the photo's site as much as anything else. There are so many variations on the theme, esp without knowing what those ones are meant to taste like. To me some are yummy and others pretty revolting. If you look in the Candies section of DC, there is a microwave caramel recipe posted by Dove (I think) that you may want to have a stab at. Have a look at that and if you don't like that or anything else you find in that section, come back here and we will try to help further.

Chewy Caramels Recipe - Taste.com.au
Here is a link to something similar but not quite the same as you seek.

And one for fudge from Nestle:
Nestlé Australia: Nestlé Recipe

Back
Top Bottom