Truffle help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
20 oz. Dark chocolate(55% is what I used)
7 oz. Heavy Cream
12 oz. Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
3 oz. Butter

1) First take the Raspberries and put them in a pot and start to cook them...I cooked them for probably 30-45 minutes to reduce them down and get some water out.
2) Then add the 7 oz. of heavy cream to the reduced raspberry. Heat to a simmer and then remove from heat.
3) Strain the mixture to get the seeds out and poor out directly onto chopped chocolate.
4) Since this mixture will be sort of thick you will probably have to put the chopped chocolate and heavycream/raspberry mixture on a double boiler(Pot of hot water with the bowl of chocolate/heavy cream and raspberry over it).
5) Stir that mixture lightly with a wisk until it becomes a uniform mass.
6) Take off double boiler and if the mixture is still fairly cool(under 100 degrees F. Warm but not hot) then add the 3 oz. of butter and wisk in with medium vigor but towards the slower side...
7) Once incorporated you are done for the moment and you can put all the ganache into a small bowl.
8) Put plastic wrap over the ganache and place in refridgerator. Let it cool until it hardens up(6 hours).
9) Scoop out with spoon or small scooper into small balls and roll in your hands to forms a nice ball...

You can see how to coat them here...

----------------------

ok here is the recipe i want to use for my truffles, but im not sure if i bought the right kind of chocolate. the kinda i bought is a brand named "Bakers" all natural 54% cacao ( no idea what cacao is) semi sweet baking chocolate squares. is this the right stuff for this recipe or do i need to buy choclate chips. Also i do not have a double boiler and dont feel like buying one. what else is simple and yet effective to melt the chocolate. i rreally appreciate your help with this. i hope she likes em...

Put a bowl on the top of a pan of boiling water, and melt your chocolate!

What is CACAO?
Cacao, Theobroma cacao, is a tropical evergreen tree in the family Byttneriaceae. It is native to Central and South America and is cultivated extensively for its seed, which is the source of COCOA, CHOCOLATE, and cocoa butter.

So COCOA IS CHOCOLATE :ROFLMAO:

Put a bowl on the top of a pan of boiling water, and melt your chocolate!

What is CACAO?
Cacao, Theobroma cacao, is a tropical evergreen tree in the family Byttneriaceae. It is native to Central and South America and is cultivated extensively for its seed, which is the source of COCOA, CHOCOLATE, and cocoa butter.

So COCOA IS CHOCOLATE :ROFLMAO:
i just have never seen it spelled that way. lol ok thanx. time to make some truffles. 20oz of chocolate is alot to melt.

Back
Top Bottom