Twuffles for Uncle Bob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I was positive I posted this before but I know Uncle B wouldn't lie to me and I don't see it anywhere. Here is a good way to celebrate Chocolate Day on Monday (not Sunday).

Basic Chocolate Truffles

Ganache
1 pound good dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream

Put chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat cream just to scalding and pour over chocolate. Leave for 5 minutes and then gently stir until chocolate is completely emulsified into cream and is smooth and shiny. Allow to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for one hour. When ganache is solid, scoop out small balls with a melon baller or #70 ice cream scoop. If you have neither of these you can use a measuring spoon but the trick is to not work the ganache too much in your hands to shape. keep dipping your shaping tool in ice water (and dry it) so ganache will not stick. If it becomes too soft rechill before continuing. (I have very warm hands and usually wear gloves while doing this to keep my body heat out of the equation)

Place truffles on a parchment lined cookie sheet and chill for 15 minutes when all are done.

Sift cocoa and place in a small deep dish (ramekin). Dip and roll truffles in cocoa and store for up to one week in refrigerator.

You will not believe it....I was just sitting here thinking about your "Twuffle" recipe....I don't remember seeing it before if you posted it...Thank you so much!!! I know I (and everyone) will enjoy them!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!!

Okay, I have a new recipe for Uncle Bob....and I am sure he will let me share it with all of you!

Orange Twuffles

Make your basic twuffles, but sprinkle the chocolate with a teaspoon of orange brandy and a teaspoon of finely grated orange peel. Then cover with the scalded cream and continue as per above.

Melt 6 oz. of dark chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter in a small deep bowl on top of a pot of hot, not boiling water (don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir until smooth. Dip the truffles in the chocolate and set on waxed paper. Chill until set and keep refrigerated.

I made them for a friend and they didn't make it through to the end of her birthday party!

These are nice with a little Frangelico added to the basic mixture. Similar to the orange variation above.
Yum! Frangelico! Have to try that one Aunt Bea!

I mentioned in another thread that I wasn't pleased with my rum and eggnog experiment but want to work with it more. I have tried both Creme de menthe and Irish Creme and was pleased with the results.

For non alcoholic versions various oils or extracts can be used as well.

Back
Top Bottom