What is your favorite candy to make for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nut Rocha!!

Description:
candy bar heaven!

Ingredients:
2 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1 11 1/2 oz package of milk chocolate pieces (I used a little more)
1 cup finely chopped nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts,and or cashews (you may toast nuts for a fuller flavor if you want.)

Directions:
Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan: Set aside.

In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water.
Cook over medium high heat until boiling.
stirring until sugar has desolved.
Avoid splashing the sides of the pan.
Carefully clip candy thermometer to the pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees (soft-crack stage. (about 15 minutes)
Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface.
Remove from heat.

Pour mixture in to prepared pan and spread evenly.
Cool about 5 minutes or until top is set.
sprinkle on the chocolate chips and lets stand for two minutes. Spread chocolate over candy.
Sprinkle with nuts and press them gently into chocolate. Cool several hours or until set.

Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Break in to small pieces. Store in tightly covered container... I keep mine in the refrig. so chocolate doesn't melt. ENJOY!!!!!:chef::chef:

I'm a big fan of...

Pate de Fruit - Fruit Jellies
Marshmallows
Truffles
Fudge

UMMMM I am getting my list together for the holiday and I need to get started tomorrow! Us candymakers and bakers are not going to see the light of day until Christmas morning haha...

Have a great Christmas everyone!

TNT English Toffee

I found the easiest toffee recipe this year! It tastes amazing, too.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup slivered almonds
1 T light corn syrup
1 T water
Milk or semisweet chocolate chips - as much or as little as you like

Combine first 5 ingredients in saucepan. Cook over high heat until dark amber (aim for one shade darker than light brown sugar - should take 15-20 minutes). Pour onto cookie sheet and spread to all edges with back of wooden spoon.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top; they will melt from the heat coming off the toffee. Spread melted chocolate with back of wooden spoon and sprinkle with slivered almonds if desired.

Refridgerate immediately for at least an hour; when hardened, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.

That's it - SO easy! I've already had two people ask for the recipe. Here's a pic of the final product:

img_524242_0_a973d853aa23d8b40d296b56ba696c48.jpg

(I tripled the recipe, so the toffee layer is quite thick)

Try it if you like toffee. It's so good!

Last edited:
My mom and I just got down mixing up a batch of fudge. Either this afternoon or tomorrow we will make peanut brittle. One of our Christmas traditions is to buy the peanuts in the shell. Then my dad and I sit at the kitchen table and shell enough for a batch or two of peanut brittle.

Buttery Peanut Brittle

2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
½ cup water
1 cup butter
2 cups peanuts, chopped
1 teaspoon baking soda

Heat and stir sugar, corn syrup, and water in 3-quart saucepan until sugar dissolves. While syrup boils, blend in butter. Stir often after 230?. Add peanuts at 280?, stir constantly to hard crack stage (300?). Remove from heat. Quickly stir in baking soda, mixing well. Pour onto 2 greased cookie sheets. Stretch thin by lifting and pulling from edges with forks. Loosen from pans as soon as possible. Break up into pieces. Makes 2 ½ lbs.

This is another family favorite that we did not make this year, but is so good if you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Buckeyes

1 cup butter, softened
1 package (16 oz.) confectioners sugar
1 small jar (12 oz.) crunchy peanut butter
1 block (4 oz.) paraffin wax
1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine butter, sugar, and peanut butter in a medium sized bowl; blend until smooth. Roll into 1-inch balls. Chill. Melt paraffin into the top of double boiler over hot not boiling water. When wax has melted add chocolate chips. Coat balls by dropping into chocolate one by one. Place on waxed paper or in mini paper cups to cool. Makes 5 dozen. Note: The wax can be reduced to ¾ of a block, if desired.

Pate de Fruit - Fruit Jellies - Turkish Delight

Pate de Fruit - Fruit Jellies - Turkish Delight
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe:
Fruit Puree - 19 oz
Fruit Pectin - 3/4 oz
Sugar - 3 oz
Sugar 18.5 oz
Glucose(corn syrup) - 4 oz

Instructions:
1) Melt and heat Puree just until warm and somewhat hot(over 100 degrees)
2) Mix together the 3 oz sugar and 3/4 oz Pectin well and then add to puree and whisk together.
3) One the mixture comes to a boil add the 18.5 oz sugar and 4 oz glucose and wisk in.
4) Stir constantly with a ruber heat proof spatula until the mixture comes up to 225 Degrees F.
4) Once it hits 225 degrees take off heat and pour into candy bars. It will set up quickly so pour it out immediately.
5) Once cooled cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares and then coat completely in sugar.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great Christmas Everyone,

Nut Rocha!!

Description:
candy bar heaven!

Ingredients:
2 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1 11 1/2 oz package of milk chocolate pieces (I used a little more)
1 cup finely chopped nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts,and or cashews (you may toast nuts for a fuller flavor if you want.)

Directions:
Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan: Set aside.

In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water.
Cook over medium high heat until boiling.
stirring until sugar has desolved.
Avoid splashing the sides of the pan.
Carefully clip candy thermometer to the pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees (soft-crack stage. (about 15 minutes)
Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface.
Remove from heat.

Pour mixture in to prepared pan and spread evenly.
Cool about 5 minutes or until top is set.
sprinkle on the chocolate chips and lets stand for two minutes. Spread chocolate over candy.
Sprinkle with nuts and press them gently into chocolate. Cool several hours or until set.

Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Break in to small pieces. Store in tightly covered container... I keep mine in the refrig. so chocolate doesn't melt. ENJOY!!!!!:chef::chef:

:ohmy::ohmy:Is this like the famous Almond Roca??? Oh yum!!! I luv you:wub::wub:
Thank you!

I have been candymaking for some time now. I learned from a Church Candy Circle but I still have much to learn.

I love to make: French mint truffles, Black Forest Truffles, Mahogany Buttercrunch Toffee, Chocolate marshmallows, Peppermint marshmallows, Chocolate Fudge, Cashew Brittle, Pine Nut Brittle, Meshuga Nuts, Candied Orange Peel dipped in Chocolate, and whatever other recipe that I see that tricks my trigger.

I have a candy thermometer, a chocolate tempering thermometer and a marble slab to help me.

I LOVE making pecan pralines. I usually break them up into pieces afterwards and use them as garnish. For instance, last year i made a pumpkin pie, and after I added a layer of sweet white cream over the top, I sprinkled some of the praline pieces over it.. . it gives the usually custardy-like pie an added texture and crunch to it.

I also break them up into cookie doughs, or I scatter big pieces over vanilla bean ice cream.

I can't wait to make it again this year!

Anyone have a recipe for tiger butter??

I just googled "tiger butter" and came up with a few hits. One is on Allrecipes. It sounds really good. It was white chocolate, crunchy peanut butter and milk chocolate. Yummy!

Barb

Anyone have a recipe for tiger butter??

Here is the recipe that I have used in the past for Tiger Butter or Bark.

Tiger Bark

1 pound white chocolate
1 pound semisweet chocolate, melted
1 1/3 cups crunchy peanut butter

1. Line a 10x15 inch pan with parchment. Set aside.

2. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering (not boiling) water, heat white chocolate and peanut butter. Stir constantly until white chocolate and peanut butter melts.

3. Spread onto prepared pan. Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate over top and swirl through with a knife, to create a marble pattern. Chill until firm. Cut into 1 /2 x 1" pieces.

thanks homecook and Sierracook!

How do you make either the butter or the bark? Does it just depend on how thick you pour it? The one I remember is like a fudge.

Thank you again for your recipe! :)

thanks homecook and Sierracook!

How do you make either the butter or the bark? Does it just depend on how thick you pour it? The one I remember is like a fudge.

Thank you again for your recipe! :)

The one that sierra put is going to be more of a bark, than fudge, I think, but, with the oils in the peanut butter, may make it softer. I'll just shut up and let Sierra Cook answer since it IS her recipe, lol:LOL:

I'd have to say it's a hard candy I learned to make from my adoptive mother. It's called "glass" candy because it looks like glass. Unfortunately the weather has to be just right (cold enough) to make it. Some Christmases I can't make it here because it's too warm.

Back
Top Bottom