What is your favorite Chocolate Treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My first true candy love was Cadbury Caramello, followed by anything else Cadbury, Fruit and Nut, Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, etc. Next came an appreciation for Russel Stover's French Dark Chocolate, the first well tempered chocolate I ever had I also enjoyed Hersheys chocolate bars. Alsmon joys, and their non-almond sibling - mounds was a favorite. Then, i found Ritter Sport Hazlenut, in both dark and milk chocolate. Pearson's Bun, in maple flavor, and it;s hard to beat a Snickers. But that Ritter Sort, withits whole hazelnuts, yum. Also at the top besides Ritter Sport is anything made by Lindoor/Lindt.

Ok, I'll throw it in as an also ran - Nestle's Crunch, and add Mr. Goodbar. What's your favorite?

My favourite isn't available here, to the best of my knowledge. It's a Danish chocolate candy. The outside is chocolate the inside bottom and sides are high quality marzipan, and there is a jam made with plums and Madeira. So tasty.

blomme-i-madeira.jpg

At the moment, the only chocolate I'm eating is a French one imported by President's Choice. It's quite nice. Almost all chocolate has soy lecithin. This one uses sunflower lecithin.

Mmmm....love chocolate! I see you mentioned Ritter Sport....I only see those at Trader Joe's on the rare occasion I get to go there. YUM. In the meantime, one of my faves is Dove, I love their chocolate bites and ice cream bars. :)

When I was younger, I really liked Cadbury Fruit and Nut and Hershey's Dark Chocolate.

Now I prefer Ghirardelli dark and their squares of dark chocolate and raspberry.
I still like peanut M&Ms and Reeses Cups.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I do like Hershey's Special Dark bars. I also love those little Andes Chocolate Mint Candies. Good hotels put those on your pillow when they do their turndown service.

CD

I have a friend whose husband is a Navy SEAL. About ten years ago, he was stationed in Germany for a few years and she took the opportunity to study chocolate-making in France. Her handmade chocolates are exquisite. Each design denotes a different flavor. Every year, she has several pop-up events and I trade her a quart of honey for her largest box. So good :yum:
2019-09-26-07-09-04.jpg

Good hotels put those on your pillow when they do their turndown service.

CD

Quite a few years ago my son was visiting with his girlfriend and her young son. As a joke I put some wrapped chocolates on the pillows in their room.

The next morning her son came to me and tugged on my shirt tail, whispering - "I hate to tell you but I think your son stole some chocolates last night."

My chocolate/sweets cravings changed often over the years as I guess is the same for a lot of us. I don't even think I could start naming them.
Mounds/Almond Mounds - Cherry Blossoms and/or chocolate covered Maraschino cherries - in Germany a confection (with an extremely inappropriate name) thin round wafer, tall cylindrical mound of soft soft marshmallow covered in a thin coating of beautiful dark chocolate. -

Big Turks - Mint Patties - Lindt with Red Pepper, Orange, Salted. At the moment Chocolate Fudge Frosting doesn't stand a chance of survival in this house, thickened it makes a sort of spoon fudge. Neither does a bag of Salted Caramel Chips - sometimes but not often, they will make it into some cookie dough (chocolate). Sometimes they get baked but usually frozen in logs to have a couple sliced off while watching TV.

There is a nut and raisin bar I think still out there. I try not to buy anything chocolate or sweets of any kind as I flip out into a feeding frenzy. - It's not pretty :ermm:

For candy, my favorites are a tie for first - a really good chocolate truffle, and a really good English toffee, covered with dark chocolate, and maybe chopped up hazelnuts or pistachios.

I'm glad that I don't have any favorites that are too easy to get! :ohmy:

mY Paternal Grandparents always had a bowl of Brach's Bridge Mix. I love the hccolate covered malted milk balls, the double coated chocolate covered peanuts, and chocolate covered raisins. My Dad would purchase a bag of Brach's chocolate starts, Non-Pariels, or chocolate covered raisns, so good with potato chips.

Cordial cherries are a must at Christmas time, or the same, but in blueberry. But from my childhood, Brach's brings backk great memories.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I think mine is, was, and always will be Kit Kats - in any form. I loved Kit Kat Blizzards for years until DQ (here anyway) discontinued them last year. I was not a happy camper.

My favourite isn't available here, to the best of my knowledge. It's a Danish chocolate candy. The outside is chocolate the inside bottom and sides are high quality marzipan, and there is a jam made with plums and Madeira. So tasty.

blomme-i-madeira.jpg

At the moment, the only chocolate I'm eating is a French one imported by President's Choice. It's quite nice. Almost all chocolate has soy lecithin. This one uses sunflower lecithin.

Ohhhhh yessssshh.... I love these. That and dark chocolate covered nuts and dark chocolate with rum raisin.

Dove milk and dark chocolate pieces, handmade truffles from a local chocolatier, and some chocolates we got in Switzerland when we crossed over the border on 1 of our trips to Italy but it was also made in a local shop so guess I'll never have that again.

I can't remember what the company is, but they make those delicious truffle chocolate balls in different colored wrappers for each flavor - milk chocolate, dark chocolate, etc. You know, the ones that cost like practically 50¢ a piece. :dry:

Anyway, I like the milk chocolate covered truffles. Hey, anyone, my soul is available for a steady supply of them *waves* (says the person who is fighting with a big zit on her chin).

I can't remember what the company is, but they make those delicious truffle chocolate balls in different colored wrappers for each flavor - milk chocolate, dark chocolate, etc. You know, the ones that cost like practically 50¢ a piece. :dry:

Anyway, I like the milk chocolate covered truffles. Hey, anyone, my soul is available for a steady supply of them *waves* (says the person who is fighting with a big zit on her chin).

I suspect you are talking aoout Lindor/Lindt Truffles. Oh they are yummy, along with Ferero Roche that arae hazlenut and Nutella filled.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

While sightseeing in Newburyport yesterday, I had the pleasure of eating a raspberry cream filled dark chocolate truffle. A memorable chocolate eating experience.

Side note: SO left her wallet/phone in the candy shop. We found out an hour later when we got home to a phone message telling us they had her stuff. So we turned around and did another round trip to retrieve the wallet/ phone. It was a long day.

Back
Top Bottom