What to do with raw cocoa, chocolate nibs and seeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
I watched a video called Food Matters yesterday (which is about "super foods" and health) and they talked at length about the health benefits of raw cocoa and chocolate. This is something I've heard about before and so I did a little surfing on the net and decided to order chocolate nibs, cacao beans, and raw cocoa powder (to temper my guilt). The health benefits that come from eating chocolate this way are only available as long as the temperature doesn't exceed 40 - 45 degrees Celsius.

So what can I do with these new products when I finally get them?

Has anyone here ever used these kinds of chocolate products before?

Since I'm more interested in getting the mineral content and the "happy" chemical in the chocolate, I'm not really worried about making "healthy" desserts; in fact, I think my first experiment will be adding the powder to rolled fondant and dipping in tempered chocolate.

If anyone's interested, you can find out about all the so called super foods here:
Superfoods | Food Matters The Film Official Web Site

And you can see the chocolate products here, by clicking on any of the products, they'll give you a mini thesis on the benefits: http://www.sunfood.com/Categories/1/raw-or...late-cacao.aspx

Cheers, and have a Happy Healthy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom