"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #91
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
I was just a plain, simple man until got hooked into Leonidas Chocolate in Ghent. They are extremely addictive, their packaging should have a warning similar to cigarettes.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #92
Cook

Semi-sweet chocolate chips are simply amazing to eat out of the bag. It's even better to toss some in a dish, add a tbsp of H2O, several tbsp and a little more of brandy, cinammon and 1/2 tsp or so of ground cloves. Put in a microwave for about 2 minutes Take it out at 1 min, stir it. Add a little more brandy, about 3 tbsp more then put it in for the remaining 1 min. This chocolate is perfect for pretty much anything.

Other than that, I use no name brand cocoa powder or premium cocoa powder by Fry's.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #93
Assistant Cook

Chocs Away

In the UK the hotelchocololat is wooing the hearts of chocolate lovers. Their prices are steep but the selection available is splendid.

Munchtastic!

Munching for you!
dgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #94
Executive Chef

dgregory, have you had Montezuma's yet? WOW, it's the most amazing chocolate I've had yet! Check out their website, they have some lush products!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #95
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
I was just a plain, simple man until got hooked into Leonidas Chocolate in Ghent. They are extremely addictive, their packaging should have a warning similar to cigarettes.
mmmm Leonidas! There's a small shop not far from here, and they also have deeelicious hot chocolate! Perfect for this damp, yucky weather!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #96
Head Chef

Poir William chocolates from France.. Fine chocolate filled with Poir William... Wow... now that's decadent!!!

Poir William is pear Brandy where the pear grows inside the bottle, then it is filled with fine Brandy...

I have been nursing a bottle at home for a couple of years, it's hard to find around here.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #97
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
As far as what available at the grocery store, I really like Guittard. I am biased though, I used to work at a ROcky Mountain CHocolate Factory and thats what they use for all their things. MMm so good. I should go visit my old boss one of these days.......
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #98
Master Chef

We like Lindt and Milka, about 75%. Toblerone as well. Otherwise there are some good 'homemade' ones around here. We recently went to the Chocolate Festival at the Garfield Conservatory, man did we fill up! Took a bunch home with us as well. Whole Foods gave away several samples of 80% dark organic and some organic brownies as well. Didn't like the brownies but the dark was good.
I don't know why the brownies were so different, they had almost a gelatinous texture, the sample packets contained no information on them and the staff really didn't know either.
There is a chocolate factory on Grand near the canal, will drive you nuts on certain days when you walk past it...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #99
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeloyd View Post
Hills Brothers does not sell Cocoa west of The Mississipi. I miss it alot.
I like Cadburry Chocolate Cream Eggs and use 2 of them in each Trekken Double Chocolate Fudge Cake instead of 2 Large Eggs. They are great and you don't need regular eggs because they are as sticky inside as regular eggs ~ only they are Chocolate.
Two things here. One. YOU ROCK. Replacing real eggs with chocolate eggs. I bow down to you. YOU are my new hero.

Two. Does hills Bros have a web site, or a local grocery store that side of the river have a site that delivers? I moved to the north east to be with DW, and had to leave one of my favorite treats behind. Cheerwine Cherry Soda. She orders it from them online, and they ship it to the door. You don't wanna know what it costs to ship a case of soda. but she loves me...for some wierd reason... probably for my cookies...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #100
Master Chef

I haven't been able to find Cheerwine here in Illinois yet, have to go back across the Mississippi River to get it in Iowa.
My wife loves me, but not enough to have it shipped here, LOL.

Tags
None