What's your favorite brand of chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
may sound weird but i dont like belgian chocolates at all.i dont know why but they r too sweet for my taste and the choclate is not enough.i've always preferred English ones.

urmaniac13 said:
Another Lindt and Milka fan... also I am a total sucker for Ferrero's Raffaello.. (maybe it wouldn't be classified as chocolate, though... mmm, mmm, good!!)

My goodness, i love these, pity i cant find them here :(

I agree with you sarah, i dont really like belgian chocolate either. Stuff like guylian, i really dislike it, its too strong of its flavour

I really like purdy's chocolate,we have a purdy's in our mall,my son buys me there hedgehogs at Xmas. there really good kinda truffle like. Purdys is expensive though so I usually buy coconut bars I love anything coconut not sure who makes my bars, it comes with 2 small bars in it, I will check brand next time Leann

gwkr36a said:

See's choclolate confections are very good. The chocolate they use is Ghiradelli. But the fillings are exquisite. I love their raspberry and blueberry truffles. Yum!:chef:

For off the shelf chocolate found everywhere, I love Cadbury milk chocolate, especially the striaght chocolate and the Caramello (Caramilk for you who live in "The Great White North).

I also love Dove milk and dark chocolates, especially the dark. And then there's Russel Stover's French Silk Chocolate. Another very good dark chocolate.

Interestingly, I did some research into chocolates concerning the technique for tempering chocolate. After learning what I wanted, I suspect that the amazingly crisp and silky texture found in the better chocolates is due to the tempering process. The flavor of course comes from the mix of chocolates, dairy, and sugars.

I am going to try and temper some Cadbury milk chocolate and see how it changes the product. If I'm right, it will go from very good to extraordinary.

I'll let'cha know what happens. But don't hold your breath. It will happen, but I have a lot of projects on my plate right now.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I visit family members in Australia. There is a Cadbury plant in Aus somewhere... my sister HATES the Aussie Cadbury chocolate - and I have to admit, it does taste different to the same product made here in the UK. My sister has a theory that it's the grazing for the cows that makes the difference... I don't know if that's true or not, but the UK made variety is a whole lot better than the Aussie stuff!

Ishbel said:
I visit family members in Australia. There is a Cadbury plant in Aus somewhere... my sister HATES the Aussie Cadbury chocolate - and I have to admit, it does taste different to the same product made here in the UK. My sister has a theory that it's the grazing for the cows that makes the difference... I don't know if that's true or not, but the UK made variety is a whole lot better than the Aussie stuff!

I find the same thing to be true about A-1 Steak Sauce made in Canada and the same product made in the U.S. The flavors are quite different. The ingredient list is different as well. But that's not chocolate. The same phonomenon is true of Ovaltine Chocolate Milk flavoring. Funny how the same product is made differently in different places.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Have any of you tried Green's and Black organic chocolate? It is very good and comes in differing flavors. I have one with ginger and a dark milk chocolate also a mocha bitter choc. There are some interesting gourmet chocolate bars on the mkt now.

I am going to try and temper some Cadbury milk chocolate and see how it changes the product. If I'm right, it will go from very good to extraordinary.

You do know that chocolate is already tempered when it leaves the manufacturer, right? I don't think it's very likely that you can do it better than Cadbury.

Has anyone tried that Choxie chocolate they sell at Target? I'm nuts about Target, but I'm afriad to be let down by the chocolate so I haven't bought it yet. It is kinda cute/pretty, though...

are you talking about for eating or for baking?

For baking, I like Peter's Burgundy. I found it in a blind tasting and it beat out all (and I DO mean ALL) the more famous, FAR more expensive brands!

For eating, I'm partial to the candies made by Maison du Chocolat. I'm lucky because the only store outside of Paris they have is in New York. Truly the top stuff is make by Bernachon in Lyon, France.... If you ever go there, be sure to get some! :D

I would have to say either Dove or Godiva. I personally think that Hersey's has changed up their recipe because it their milk chocolate is very bitter now. Maybe my taste buds are changing:)

Hey if you guys ever get a chance you will have to try some chocolates from around the world. Many of the ones you all like best are the lower quality to mid quality(nothing wrong with that of course) and there are a lot of high quality out there to try that you would be amazed by if you are a chocolate person...try them out if you get a chance...

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Back
Top Bottom