"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 06-11-2006, 05:18 AM   #41
Head Chef

may sound weird but i dont like belgian chocolates at all.i dont know why but they r too sweet for my taste and the choclate is not enough.i've always preferred English ones.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #42
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Another Lindt and Milka fan... also I am a total sucker for Ferrero's Raffaello.. (maybe it wouldn't be classified as chocolate, though... mmm, mmm, good!!)

My goodness, i love these, pity i cant find them here

Old 06-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #43
Senior Cook

I agree with you sarah, i dont really like belgian chocolate either. Stuff like guylian, i really dislike it, its too strong of its flavour
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #44
Assistant Cook

I really like purdy's chocolate,we have a purdy's in our mall,my son buys me there hedgehogs at Xmas. there really good kinda truffle like. Purdys is expensive though so I usually buy coconut bars I love anything coconut not sure who makes my bars, it comes with 2 small bars in it, I will check brand next time Leann
Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #45
Cook

We have so much good chocolate here

It is hard for me to tell wich one i prefer i love them all

http://www.galler.com/

http://www.cotedor.com/landing/index.html

And there is many other manufacturers
Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #46
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwkr36a
See's choclolate confections are very good. The chocolate they use is Ghiradelli. But the fillings are exquisite. I love their raspberry and blueberry truffles. Yum!

For off the shelf chocolate found everywhere, I love Cadbury milk chocolate, especially the striaght chocolate and the Caramello (Caramilk for you who live in "The Great White North).

I also love Dove milk and dark chocolates, especially the dark. And then there's Russel Stover's French Silk Chocolate. Another very good dark chocolate.

Interestingly, I did some research into chocolates concerning the technique for tempering chocolate. After learning what I wanted, I suspect that the amazingly crisp and silky texture found in the better chocolates is due to the tempering process. The flavor of course comes from the mix of chocolates, dairy, and sugars.

I am going to try and temper some Cadbury milk chocolate and see how it changes the product. If I'm right, it will go from very good to extraordinary.

I'll let'cha know what happens. But don't hold your breath. It will happen, but I have a lot of projects on my plate right now.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #47
Executive Chef

I visit family members in Australia. There is a Cadbury plant in Aus somewhere... my sister HATES the Aussie Cadbury chocolate - and I have to admit, it does taste different to the same product made here in the UK. My sister has a theory that it's the grazing for the cows that makes the difference... I don't know if that's true or not, but the UK made variety is a whole lot better than the Aussie stuff!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #48
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
I visit family members in Australia. There is a Cadbury plant in Aus somewhere... my sister HATES the Aussie Cadbury chocolate - and I have to admit, it does taste different to the same product made here in the UK. My sister has a theory that it's the grazing for the cows that makes the difference... I don't know if that's true or not, but the UK made variety is a whole lot better than the Aussie stuff!
I find the same thing to be true about A-1 Steak Sauce made in Canada and the same product made in the U.S. The flavors are quite different. The ingredient list is different as well. But that's not chocolate. The same phonomenon is true of Ovaltine Chocolate Milk flavoring. Funny how the same product is made differently in different places.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #49
Senior Cook

Have any of you tried Green's and Black organic chocolate? It is very good and comes in differing flavors. I have one with ginger and a dark milk chocolate also a mocha bitter choc. There are some interesting gourmet chocolate bars on the mkt now.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #50
Senior Cook

Quote:
I am going to try and temper some Cadbury milk chocolate and see how it changes the product. If I'm right, it will go from very good to extraordinary.
You do know that chocolate is already tempered when it leaves the manufacturer, right? I don't think it's very likely that you can do it better than Cadbury.

Tags
None