What's your favorite brand of chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I just got a chance to try El Rey's Gran Saman 70% from Venezuela again. I haven't tasted this bar in probably a year but I love it. The only way I can describe it is that it brings me back to the rain forest. The smell, taste, and texture through me right smack dab in the middle of the rain forest because it captures all the flavors and smells that accompany that area. Beautful "primal" type bar. The texture is rough but it matches the flavor...beautiful bar and beautiful brand....anyone else have an opinion on this bar or brand?

Have a good one,
Robert Noel
Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base

Toblerone---- yummy
img_447284_0_1255d0664d4ecfbf7c50dae3bcdc4553.jpg

but I do enjoy dark chocolates as well...

gosh i love chocolate!
I adore toblerone as well! also ferraro marches (sp?) and Godiva's are heavenly!
I'll also just go eating choco chips straight from the bag and not complain!:chef:
for me, anything chocolate = I'm there!:D

HAHA!! Chocolate chips from the bag...we can all relate! 3 am middle of the night is when I usually go for the chocolate chips haha...

I usually use ghiradelli around the house for my experiments in chocolate and pastry. At work the semi-sweet we use is from Madagascar, though for wine dinners sometimes we'll special order swiss chocolate. I believe we also ordered some valrhona chocolate as a special request on one occasion.

Wilbur ChocolateHaving recently been introduced to Wilbur's Buds from a choclatier in Philladelphia, at this point I'm firmly in the Wilbur's camp. If I actually believed in the possibility of sin, then these would rank quite close.:angel:

I'm sorry but I just can't go past Cadbury's chocolate. I always have been and always will be a Cadbury's girl.

I was just a plain, simple man until got hooked into Leonidas Chocolate in Ghent. They are extremely addictive, their packaging should have a warning similar to cigarettes.

Semi-sweet chocolate chips are simply amazing to eat out of the bag. It's even better to toss some in a dish, add a tbsp of H2O, several tbsp and a little more of brandy, cinammon and 1/2 tsp or so of ground cloves. Put in a microwave for about 2 minutes Take it out at 1 min, stir it. Add a little more brandy, about 3 tbsp more then put it in for the remaining 1 min. This chocolate is perfect for pretty much anything.

Other than that, I use no name brand cocoa powder or premium cocoa powder by Fry's.

Chocs Away

In the UK the hotelchocololat is wooing the hearts of chocolate lovers. Their prices are steep but the selection available is splendid.

Munchtastic!

dgregory, have you had Montezuma's yet? WOW, it's the most amazing chocolate I've had yet! Check out their website, they have some lush products!

I was just a plain, simple man until got hooked into Leonidas Chocolate in Ghent. They are extremely addictive, their packaging should have a warning similar to cigarettes.

mmmm Leonidas! There's a small shop not far from here, and they also have deeelicious hot chocolate! Perfect for this damp, yucky weather! :chef:

Poir William chocolates from France.. Fine chocolate filled with Poir William... Wow... now that's decadent!!!

Poir William is pear Brandy where the pear grows inside the bottle, then it is filled with fine Brandy...

I have been nursing a bottle at home for a couple of years, it's hard to find around here.

As far as what available at the grocery store, I really like Guittard. I am biased though, I used to work at a ROcky Mountain CHocolate Factory and thats what they use for all their things. MMm so good. I should go visit my old boss one of these days.......

We like Lindt and Milka, about 75%. Toblerone as well. Otherwise there are some good 'homemade' ones around here. We recently went to the Chocolate Festival at the Garfield Conservatory, man did we fill up! Took a bunch home with us as well. Whole Foods gave away several samples of 80% dark organic and some organic brownies as well. Didn't like the brownies but the dark was good.
I don't know why the brownies were so different, they had almost a gelatinous texture, the sample packets contained no information on them and the staff really didn't know either.
There is a chocolate factory on Grand near the canal, will drive you nuts on certain days when you walk past it...

Hills Brothers does not sell Cocoa west of The Mississipi. I miss it alot.
I like Cadburry Chocolate Cream Eggs and use 2 of them in each Trekken Double Chocolate Fudge Cake instead of 2 Large Eggs. They are great and you don't need regular eggs because they are as sticky inside as regular eggs ~ only they are Chocolate.

Two things here. One. YOU ROCK. Replacing real eggs with chocolate eggs. I bow down to you. YOU are my new hero. :LOL:

Two. Does hills Bros have a web site, or a local grocery store that side of the river have a site that delivers? I moved to the north east to be with DW, and had to leave one of my favorite treats behind. Cheerwine Cherry Soda. She orders it from them online, and they ship it to the door. You don't wanna know what it costs to ship a case of soda. :LOL: but she loves me...for some wierd reason... probably for my cookies...

I haven't been able to find Cheerwine here in Illinois yet, have to go back across the Mississippi River to get it in Iowa.
My wife loves me, but not enough to have it shipped here, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom