"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 01-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #71
Cook

Send a message via MSN to Sage
Thumbs up

I love Lindt 70% dark chocolate squares.
I had one of those every day and it makes me feel special;dark chocolate is so much better and healthy to boot.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #72
Executive Chef

I like Lindt but especially their Christmas Chocolates which you can only get in Germany I had It there 7 years ago and they come in the most beautiful tins etc.But the absolute best of their xmas bars is the Lindt bar with corriander and cinnamon with or with out almonds.It is devine.Next to that I love the German Milka Chocolates their xmas Speculatis is very close to the lindt.The only problem is you cant get these in the America
I would love to hear from the people living in Germany what they think of these special xmas chocolates.
Next my favorite is homemade truffles made with Ghirradelle{spelling?}cream and great liquors like grand marnier,kalua and any great nut liquors then rolled in cocoa,nuts coconut etc

Old 01-14-2007, 02:59 AM   #73
Senior Cook

I know a few people that like lindt...the only problem I have with their chocolate is that they load it up with cocoa butter....I feel that it is too much but I guess they are going for that big melt effect...anyone else think they use to much fat?

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate
Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #74
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
For "fondente" fans, have you guys ever tried the real Italian style hot chocolate? It makes the "chocolate flavoured hot milk" which is usually known as "hot chocolate" in other countries look like a joke... You actually melt a block of very good quality fondente chocolate (semi-sweet), some additional pure cocoa powder again good quality, blend it in with hot milk and whipping cream, it is really dense and rich, I am sure it is any chocolate lover's dream. Cris is really good at making them, if anyone is interested I will ask him for an exact recipe!
((((LICIA))))
Dear buddy and pal PLEASE ask Cris for the exact recipe!!!! This looks amazing and a definite chocolate lovers dream not to mention better than any stupid hormone replacement!!! I'll be waiting here with chocolate brick and milk and droste cocoa powder by the stove Love and energy, Vicki
Old 01-16-2007, 06:25 AM   #75
Senior Cook

You know I just tried a brand of chocolate called "Divine". It is made from a co-op group in Ghana. I wasn't expected a great deal from this bar but I ended up enjoying it...has anyone tried this brand yet?

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #76
Assistant Cook

the best cheapest chocolate

After spending a fortune for microscopic bars of chocolate to use for baking, I discovered Trader Joe's. My goodness. Their 1 pound plus bitter sweet chocolate is divine, AND it costs less than $5. The caveat is of course that one has to have live near one, or be very good friends with someone willing to shop and mail, since they don't do internet shipping of any sort.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #77
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_evo99
I love Candinas, right here in Verona, WI. They've been ranked near the top recently in Consumer Reports for quality versus price.

Candinas Chocolatier

The shop itself is very minimal, just a register with a case of a few boxes of each size. If you time it right (and I don't know what the schedule is) you can get a warm sample of something that was just created. Wow is that ever good!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #78
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_evo99
I love Candinas, right here in Verona, WI. They've been ranked near the top recently in Consumer Reports for quality versus price.

Candinas Chocolatier

The shop itself is very minimal, just a register with a case of a few boxes of each size. If you time it right (and I don't know what the schedule is) you can get a warm sample of something that was just created. Wow is that ever good!
I would believe you over consumer reports, unfortunatly I have found consumer reports to be very biased about alot of items. While I enjoy their magazines I take everything they say and rate with a grain of salt. Unfortunately even though they advertise they don't I feel they are influenced by the products manufacturers or societal opinion instead of being open minded and objective.

Im interested how does candinas compare to other confectioniers in your opinion. Their new to me, Im familiar with Godiva, Leonidas, See's, Lindt, Ferrero and Ethel M among others. I am a definate chocolate purest and I think Trader joes has the best price for the quality they sell. I wonder who is their supplier

smilesalot2u

There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. so eat a square meal a day
Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #79
Executive Chef

Green & Blacks is my new favorite chocolate! I ship it back to the US in care packages for friends and they looooove it!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #80
Senior Cook

Anyone have any experience with the Chocolate Maker "Pralus" from France?

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base

Tags
None