White Chocolate Coconut-Ginger Truffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Tried this just now, and if the finished product tastes as good as the bowl lickens, we have a treat!

1 cup heavy cream
1 lb Lindt White Coconut Chocolate (sold in the bars - you'll need 4 1/2 of the 3.5 oz. bars) - chopped*
2 T unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup minced candied ginger
Confectioner's sugar for rolling in

Heat cream and vanilla to a simmer (I used the microwave). Pour over the chocolate, add the butter, and stir til smooth. Stir in the ginger. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Scoop w/a teaspoon or small scoop onto parchment or waxed paper. Roll into balls, roll in confectioner's sugar.
Chill at least 2 hours. (Mine will go in the fridge, for cookie trays) I'm algo going to put a couple of little gold dragees on top, after they're rolled.

I'm at the 'chill 3 hours' stage right now, but boy did the melted mixture taste awesome!

*edited 'cause I had to add two 4 oz Ghiradelli white chocolate bars to get it to set up well enough to form the truffles. So 1 1/2 pounds of white chocolate in all.

Last edited:
OMG, marm, if I made these the entire batch would be bowl lickens!!!

I love every flavor in these and can't wait to try them!

Thanks!

At the mere mention of the word white chocolate I come running at a break neck pace! These sound so amazing, I will have to try them out very soon!!! Thank-you Marm, you have just added a new gem to my white chocolate recipe collection :)

YW, folks - Glad to share the addiction!:mrgreen:

Please note I did edit the recipe above, as it did not 'set up' using the original ingredients - I added two 4 oz Ghiradelli white chocolate bars, melted, at about 8 o'clock last night, and this morning they're ready to be shaped. Was still too gooey even after sitting in teh fridge for 6 hours yesterday.

Marm, did you use homemade candied ginger or store bought? (I think it would work well with either, just curious, as I've got some home made lurking in the pantry) :)

Piccolina said:
At the mere mention of the word white chocolate I come running at a break neck pace!

Watch out Jessica... I can run very fast, too!! Especially if some white chocolate being dangled in front of me...:LOL:
This sounds really delicious Marm... we were going to do a session of various chocolate candy making just before Christmas, possibly with the kids... I will keep this recipe for the event!:)

Well, I finished them off yesterday, and they turned out beautifully after the addition of the x-tra white chocolate. I coated them with King Arthur's glazing sugar ('non-melting'), and set them in little gold foil cups. They're really pretty!

I used store-bought candied ginger; Whole Foods sells some already chopped finely enough. The little 'crunch' from the ginger when you bite into the truffles is amazing! Even my son, who is not a great fan of either coconut or ginger, went nuts over these!

Oh - here's a source for all kinds of great little candy/cupcake cups -

www.candylandcrafts.com

Back
Top Bottom