Avocado Sherbet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
In a med saucepan boil 1-1/8 cup of sugar and 1-1/2 cups water 5-6 min. Peel and pit 3 med avocados. In large bowl mash avocados with a potato masher til pulpy you will have 1-1/2 cups of pulp add 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice and1 tea. lemon zest Now add the avocado pulp. Slowly add the cooked syrup sugar blend thoroughly. Pour into a freezer tray and freeze. Stir ONCE during freezing Serve in dessert dishes or stemmed goblets You choose.
kades

That might be really good with ceviche! Put some in the bottom of a serving glass and some on top after the ceviche is added.:yum:

That might be really good with ceviche! Put some in the bottom of a serving glass and some on top after the ceviche is added.:yum:
Cool idea Craig. will be having tiny soft tacos on Sunday with taco meat pastor, crema and the avocados and ceviche will make dinner sing. Thanks for the idea.
kades

Kades and Graig C, you guys have given me an idea. Maybe I'll leave out the sugar, add some sour cream, salt and pepper and a dash of tobasco and serve it with ceviche :)

Thank you for the inspiration!

Kades and Graig C, you guys have given me an idea. Maybe I'll leave out the sugar, add some sour cream, salt and pepper and a dash of tobasco and serve it with ceviche :)

Then it's frozen guacamole...not that it's a bad idea, love guac....:pig:

Naw, I'd leave it as is. The sweetness might be a good contrast to the spicy ceviche, enhancing its flavor.

Then it's frozen guacamole...not that it's a bad idea, love guac....:pig:

Yip, guess it is :) Just with added sour cream since that's not in traditional guacamole.
Can't make the sugared version for myself but I'll make it for the kids and maybe just taste it.

Like the idea of a frozen guacamole with cold seafoods.

I make smoothies like this but use honey - they r awesome. Avocado surprisingly good as frozen dessert

Yip, guess it is :) Just with added sour cream since that's not in traditional guacamole.
Can't make the sugared version for myself but I'll make it for the kids and maybe just taste it.

Like the idea of a frozen guacamole with cold seafoods.
I'd wager some sugar sub would work just fine .
kades (ma)

Then I'll try it for sure :) Love avo's!!!
I love them too. I plan to try it soon have recipe for ice cream with saffron and rose water. It is so yummy I have to do that first.
kades (ma)

I love them too. I plan to try it soon have recipe for ice cream with saffron and rose water. It is so yummy I have to do that first.
kades (ma)

Please send it to me :angel: I love rosewater, would love to try it :)
I make a grenata with Hibiscus and rose hip tea and pomegranate juice. Also good.

I make smoothies like this but use honey - they r awesome. Avocado surprisingly good as frozen dessert
Snip and I both have to watch sugars and honey is a sugar (carb) so sugar sub's are a better bet for us. Thanks for your idea.
kades

Back
Top Bottom