Awesome ice cream I made today......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
I just wanted you all to know an ice cream i made today. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooood!!! I think it was the best ice cream ive ever made. Here is link to the recipe:
cherry cheesecake ice cream recipe | ice cream recipes | desserts

I did make a couple of changes (as i usually do):
1) Used 4oz of cream cheese instead of 3oz.
2) I used maraschino cherries which the recipe allows for but i also poured in the juice from the cherries (i thought why waist it).

This will definitly be a staple ice cream.

mmmmmm, sounds great.

What type of ice cream maker do you use? I have a cuisinart and an electric one.

Half Baked said:
mmmmmm, sounds great.

What type of ice cream maker do you use? I have a cuisinart and an electric one.

Oh it was :). I have a a cuisinart ice cream maker. This is the one i have:
Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-20 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, and Sorbet Maker, White: Home & Garden

Oh something i forgot to mention. The quantity was a little much for the 1-1/2 quart unit. It almost started comming out the top while it was freezing. I would scale back maybe the cream & half-n-half to about 1.5-1.75 cups next time.

Ncage

I've had that trouble with the cuisinart myself. But I would love a bowl of the ice cream! :)

Half Baked said:
I've had that trouble with the cuisinart myself. But I would love a bowl of the ice cream! :)

What kind of trouble? I did at first when i didn't know what i was doing but as soon as i had it all figured out i make perfect ice cream every time. Did yours fail mechanically or just have trouble with the ice cream turning out?

Ncage

I think I heard of that.

Dairy Queen has it for one of their Blizzard flavors. They call it Cherry Cheesequake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom