Balsamic Grilled Strawberries with Mock Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
My brother gave me this recipe...he found it on the "Low Carb and Lovin' It" show, it's a hit right now!!!

Balsamic Grilled Strawberries with Mock Ice Cream

Mock Ice Cream:
1 Box (2 Packets) Dream Whip Topping
1 Small (10 oz.) Container of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1/3 Cup Splenda

In a mixing bowl, or mixer, make Dream Whip according to Directions. When completed, add Splenda and Ricotta Cheese and continue to mix until combined. Adjust Splenda for a sweeter taste, and add (optional), vanilla extract, chocolate chips, or any flavors you would like! Freeze until ready to serve.

Balsamic Strawberries:

2 Pints Fresh Strawberries
3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 cup Splenda

Cut Tops off of Strawberries and toss in a medium sized bowl with vinegar and Splenda. Heat Grill or Grill Pan to Medium High Heat, and add strawberries, turning occasionally to get a little color on them, then serve 4-7 strawberries over a scoop of the Mock Ice Cream!​

Sorry... but I consider Dream Whip, Splenda and all other industrial/chemical food substitutes to not only taste dreadful, but are probably part of a vast conspiracy to poison the population.

The concept of strawnerries in balsamic, however, deserves looking into.

Hopz, the two pair together incredibly well, especially if you can land some really sweet berries. I like to grill chicken breasts in balsamic and herbs, toss some berries into the pan durring the last minute of cooking and plate the whole thing (juices and all) over a bed of mixed greens.

If you wanted to try this you could always make it with sugar and real whip cream or use vanilla ice cream instead (actually balsamic vinegar is great with chocolate ice cream!). I think that doing so would certainly retain the spirit of Erik's yummy recipe :)

Back
Top Bottom