Birthday cake ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattycake

Assistant Cook
On a visit back home, good old Pgh, PA, at the mall, I had 'Birthday cake' flavored ice cream. It was the most wonderful thing I ever ate.And trust me--I've baked and ATE alot of sweets. I have got to duplicate this. The closet I ever came was adding a box of white cake mix to my ice cream recipe, but in Greece white cake isn't around, and anyway--it really didn't hit the mark anyway.
It was like a white birthday cake.

I have got to reproduce this. A quest. It was some ice cream store--Rocky Mountain or Reindeer or...something Northern and outdoorsy sounding.

Help me. :w00t2: Gotta have it and don't want to wait till my visit back to Pittsburgh.

Not sure what you mean, but Schwan's has a cake ice cream that is great. I forget what they call it, but it is ice cream with cake chunks and blue frosting swirled all around. My neice and nephew call it "Gooey Gushy" which is rather fitting, but I know it's not the true name.

Everyone that consumes it typically has a blue tongue for a while!

I have no idea where I got this... but maybe this is what your looking for?

Vanilla Cake Batter Ice Cream recipe

1 cup whipping cream 4 large egg yolks 1 cup granulated sugar 1 large vanilla bean 4 cups half-and-half cream 2/3 cup French vanilla cake mix, dry
  1. In a large saucepot, over medium heat place in vanilla bean pod, whipping cream, dash salt, sugar, and egg yolks,and cook until a custard has formed and ribbons with the finger on the back of a spoon. This should be done on medium to low heat and slowly, as not to curdle or scorch.
  2. Remove from heat, and strain into a large bowl or measuring cup.
  3. Remove the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds into the mixture. Rinse off the empty pod, and wipe dry. Place empty pod into your sugar bowl to flavour your coffee sugar or other uses.
  4. Into the large bowl of cooked milk and eggs add the half and half cream and stir well.
  5. Place covered into the fridge overnight to get cold. This is done so that when the mixture hits your ice cream maker bowl, a warm mixture will not liquidize the cold gel, and helps with the freezing process.
  6. Pour the measured amount of dry cake mix into a small bowl, and whisk out or seive out any lumps. The amount here in this recipe is 2/3 of a cup dry mix. Some people like a little less some like more, this is the amount our family enjoys.
  7. Pour the cold custard into the already running ice cream maker.
  8. Sprinkle on the dry cake mix a few spoons at a time thru the feed tube. Continue until dry mix is incorporated in custard. This gives you smooth texture. Let your maker continue as manufacturers directions, takes usually 20 minutes or more. If you like some cake batter lumps in the icecream then put in as unwhisked dry mix later half way or ten minutes before the freezing is complete.
  9. Also at the very end of the freezing when you are ready to remove, and before pouring into your freezer storage container you may add -- another 2 tablespoons dry mix and swirl thru with a spatula, if you like lumps of dry mix -- also fold in quartered strawberries and fold thru -- or even swirl in your favourite fudge sauce.
  10. Pour into a covered storage container and place in your upright home freezer to freeze solid.
  11. A tip that I do is to taste mixture half way through to see if I have enough flavour,if you like more then you can add another tablespoon or two dry mix. Also for every quart of ice cream you should have 1/2 cup dry mix for flavour incorporated.
Can be made with Lemon Supreme Cake Mix fold in the Strawberries, and some toasted coconut at the very end. Makes a nice Lemon Strawberry almost cheesecaky ice cream

Birthday Cake Flavoured Ice Cream

Hello There

Maybe it was Stoney Creek Dairy?

I tried their Birthday Cake Flavored Ice Cream yesterday and I have to find out where I can get it close to home.

It tasted like white Birthday cake with different colors of icing - blue, red, yellow, orange, purple.

It was awesome! :chef: :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom