Can you help with dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Am going to be making desserts 2 weeks prior to our wedding...ie..frozen desserts. What I need to know is what can I make that can be dished individually then frozen. Also something that doubles, triples easily. I need 2 types and approx. 75 of each....any ideas?

It's good to see you back on, tancowgirl!

I'll have to dig through some of my recipes later but the Lemon Raspberry Bombes that I posted here http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8984 may be of interest to you.

My only concern would be freezing anything for 2 weeks prior to serving. If they're dished individually in advanced and then wrapped and frozen I'd worry about the consistency getting tacky or gummy.

Do they have to be dished that far ahead? You could make several large pans of granita and if sealed well that could keep for 2 weeks. But that would have to be plated and served at the same time. Let me think about it for you....

The little Italian sorbets that are served in fruit shells are beautiful - lemon and orange, and I even had a peach one once!

Some good ideas might be to puchase pre-made chocolat shells, or cups, make a frozen filling for them that can be stored in tubs, and fill just before serving. Of course you will need someone to fill them as they are served. Sounds like a job for a bridesmaid, or best man to me. You could fill the cups with frozen pudding, or just plain pudding, or with fruit sorbets, or even ice-cream. You could also fill them with a cheesecake filling that had been prefiously made, and just scooped out of a bowl and into the cups.

This could also be done with pre-made phylo dough cups.

Then theres always frozen bananas, or frozen strawberries, dipped in chocolate shell syrup.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom