Cheesecake Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Creamy Cheesecake Ice Cream

I haven't tried this one yet... but as soon as the sun comes out I will.

Ingredients:
5 cups half-and-half or light cream
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 beaten eggs
3 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
In a large saucepan combine 3 cups of the half-and-half or light cream, the sugar, and eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat just till boiling.

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer till smooth, gradually beat in hot mixture. Cover and chill thoroughly.

Stir in remaining half-and-half, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla. Freeze in a 4- or 5 -quart ice cream freezer according to the directions.

Serve covered with your choice of fresh fruit. I'm going for strawberries!:):):):):):):)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! you just put two of my favorite things together. You are going to get me in so much trouble pds!!
My butt is going to be a mile wide by the summer instead of smaller!!:mrgreen: :pig:

It sounds really good doesn't it? I may have to make some before summer.

PDS; you are an evil woman. Strawberry-Cheesecake Ice Cream is one of my all-time favorite flavors. There used to be this drugstore, not to far from my home in North Park (San Diego) where they had hard scoop ice cream. Those were special days indeed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

pdswife said:
Creamy Cheesecake Ice Cream

I haven't tried this one yet... but as soon as the sun comes out I will.

Ingredients:
5 cups half-and-half or light cream
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 beaten eggs
3 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
In a large saucepan combine 3 cups of the half-and-half or light cream, the sugar, and eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat just till boiling.

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer till smooth, gradually beat in hot mixture. Cover and chill thoroughly.

Stir in remaining half-and-half, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla. Freeze in a 4- or 5 -quart ice cream freezer according to the directions.

Serve covered with your choice of fresh fruit. I'm going for strawberries!:):):):):):):)

curious.. did you make this.. and did you like it????

:)

corazon90 said:
Maybe serve this in those individual graham cracker crusts. It would be like a bowl for your ice cream.
That's an awesome touch to a fantastic sounding ice cream :) I mean any time that you can combine more than one type of dessert together it has to be a good thing!

OMG how did I miss this one!! This sounds so good, this is one flavour we haven't tried and definetely will on our next ice cream making session!! Thanks for the idea Trish!!

You're very welcome.
Let us know how you like it. It's on our "to make" list but we haven't
gotten around to doing it yet.

I think i'd be obliged to include something biscuity to resemble the base. Like ground up digestive biscuits or something similar, like a choc chip cookie dough so to speak.

Holy WOW! I went to visit my brother this weekend. We made this ice cream for dessert Friday night. He accidentally bought heavy cream instead of half-and-half. Absolutely delicious. It has to be the creamiest homemade ice cream I've ever eaten. We shared it with several of his friends and his next door neighbor. They gave it better than 2 thumbs up. They gave it 10 fingers up!!

We decided that dipping graham crackers in it when it's served would complete the "cheesecake" effect.

If you haven't tried this ice cream yet, you'd better get busy.

Back
Top Bottom