Chocolate Gelatin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok. I said I was going to do it; so last night I did it. I made chocolate gelatin. It came out smooth and creamy, like a cross between jello and pudding, a little more like puding than jello. The flavor was sweet and rich, like hot cocoa, only cold. It's fat free, sugar free, carbohydrate free. It is protein rich. Finally, it tastes great. Kids, this one is a winner.

Ingredients:
8 oz. water, very hot
3 tbs. instant, sugar/fat free hot cocoa mix
1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin.

Mix the gelatin with the hot water until its completely dissolved. Add the cocoa mix and again, mix until completely dissolved. Chill until the gelatin is set. Serve cold.

Yep, that's all there is to it. Guilt free, carb free, fat free, and tastes good. What more can you ask for from a desert.

Tip: Add a little more cocoa powder to the hot liquid, and a little cinnamon and maybe some nutmeg, or hazelnut flavoring.

Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Do you remember, or ever heard of junket GW, is it kind of like that consistency??? Sounds great, cept mine will probably consist of sugar and fat... :whistling:whistling:whistling

Do you remember, or ever heard of junket GW, is it kind of like that consistency??? Sounds great, cept mine will probably consist of sugar and fat... :whistling:whistling:whistling

I think I've heard of it, maybe. Or is that the Chinese ships that ply the waters of Hong Kong? Hmmmm.:unsure:

So share. What is Junket?

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I think I've heard of it, maybe. Or is that the Chinese ships that ply the waters of Hong Kong? Hmmmm.:unsure:

So share. What is Junket?

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Junket was, or maybe still is not sure if it's sold anymore, kind of a cross between custard and jello... It had the consistancy of custard, but wiggled like jello, or my thighs... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Junket was, or maybe still is not sure if it's sold anymore, kind of a cross between custard and jello... It had the consistancy of custard, but wiggled like jello, or my thighs... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep, that sounds about right. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything. That comment about your jiggling thighs would have sent liquid right up my nose.:ROFLMAO:

That's a picture I didn't need in my head.:LOL: Growing older is a truly terrible thing. It's that after 40 thing. I don't have that superman body anymore myself.:D

Yep, that sounds about right. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything. That comment about your jiggling thighs would have sent liquid right up my nose.:ROFLMAO:

That's a picture I didn't need in my head.:LOL: Growing older is a truly terrible thing. It's that after 40 thing. I don't have that superman body anymore myself.:D

Good God Goodweed, after 40, what happens then??? I'm only 29!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"It's fat free, sugar free, carbohydrate free. It is protein rich. Finally, it tastes great."

Oh my.....I may need a moment before I cut and paste this one. Okay, I've had my moment....SWIPED!! Thanks, Goodweed!

Hmm, might have to give this one a try... I used to do a chocolate mouse with that gelatin, pureed cottage cheese, and I believe it was pudding mix or something. It wasn't calorie/fat free like this one, but it was healthier than most chocolatey snacks. Will have to look that one up. It was soo good, without feeling too guilty

And I was just having a long conversation with someone about curbing the chocolate cravings with the help of gelatin. Thank you, GW! Going to add this to my little list of experiments. And so the chocoholic control saga continues....

Just wondering...I don't like coffee, but dh does, and has some of that foo foo latte mix left over from his christmas stocking. I bet if I made it with that instead of the hot chocolate mix, he would really like it! I may need to try that. Now let me see...do I have any gelatine???...:angel:

GoodWeed, I made your chocolate gelatin tonight for DH He really liked it. I didn't have hot chocolate mix. I used 1 tablespoon cocoa 1 tablespoon splenda and 1 tablespoon Hazelnut coffee creamer. It came out well. Thanks

Josie

Back
Top Bottom