"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Frozen Desserts & Ice Creams

Old 07-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, I had some apples that needed attention and my Dad loves applesauce. I make it unsweetened and no cinnamon because he is diabetic and sweetens and flavours it himself. I put some of the warm applesauce in a dish and topped it with the cinnamon ice cream.

Oh, words can not describe this!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Everymom

How about YUM!?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
Mr. Greenjeans

I am a HUGE cinnamon fan. I cannot find a commercial cinnamon icecream so I end up adding it to vanilla.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
Master Chef

Oh my... I will have to make some too ! First I will have to make room in the freezer for the drum .
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
I am a HUGE cinnamon fan. I cannot find a commercial cinnamon icecream so I end up adding it to vanilla.
Bigdaddy, I highly suggest investing in an ice cream maker. You can get them fairly reasonable now and the flavour options are endless! I have a high end Cuisinart, but that is only because I use it in my catering....though I have to admit I use it more and more for personal use!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
Master Chef

I made the cinnamon ice cream... oh my , it is good !!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Certified Cake Maniac

I am glad you liked it! I made a new batch yesterday and tried it with chocolate cake and strawberries! Yummo. I think I have found my new vanilla!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Bigdaddy, I highly suggest investing in an ice cream maker. You can get them fairly reasonable now and the flavour options are endless! I have a high end Cuisinart, but that is only because I use it in my catering....though I have to admit I use it more and more for personal use!
I have seriously thought about this. I have a kitchen aid so I know they have an attachment.

I have ideas about savory ice creams to be served as a contrast to a soup. Yeah, I know it sounds strange but I can taste it in my head.

also, savory tomato icecream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
I have seriously thought about this. I have a kitchen aid so I know they have an attachment.

I have ideas about savory ice creams to be served as a contrast to a soup. Yeah, I know it sounds strange but I can taste it in my head.

also, savory tomato icecream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.
You're not alone in wanting to make unusual ice cream. If you do a google with "strange Ice cream" or "Bizarre Ice cream" you can see there are a few out there.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:

also, savory tomato ice cream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.
Tomato I will give you, but if you start posting recipes for tuna or octopus ice cream I will be wondering if you have been watching too many episodes of the original Japanese "Iron Chef".

I have tried olive oil, beet, avocado and "carrot cake" ice creams as well as tomato and fennel sorbets which were all not bad, but that is as far as I will go I am afraid.

Tags
None