"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Frozen Desserts & Ice Creams
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #21
Mr. Greenjeans
 
bigdaddy3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 1,741
What? No squid ink and fresh eel?

I loved the original Iron Chef. I got TONS of ideas from that show.
__________________

__________________
No matter how many Bibles he swears on, when a dog tells you he's a vegetarian, he's lying.
bigdaddy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #22
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
I loved the original Iron Chef. I got TONS of ideas from that show.
That's what I was afraid of!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #23
Mr. Greenjeans
 
bigdaddy3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 1,741
Not ingredient ideas, technique and combination ideas.

Although, on the ingredient side, I still jones daily for an ostrich egg deviled egg!!
__________________
No matter how many Bibles he swears on, when a dog tells you he's a vegetarian, he's lying.
bigdaddy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,945
Back to the topic at hand, I found yet another wonderful idea for this ice cream. I didn't want to cook for lunch (we are cooking as it is in this heat) so I grabbed some buttermilk pancakes I made last week and froze. I also had sausages that were precooked (I do this for Dad and DH for quick meals) and heated them.

I got a crazy idea and I put a small scoop of the cinnamon ice cream on each of my two pancakes and added some maple syrup. Oh my, this was yummy!

Is there no end to the possibilities for this stuff? I think there should also be a support group because I think I am becoming addicted!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #25
Assistant Cook
 
ILikePBCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
I love cinnamon ice cream so much, now I shall have to make this. And buy a pie to scoop it on...
__________________
ILikePBCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Back to the topic at hand, I found yet another wonderful idea for this ice cream. I didn't want to cook for lunch (we are cooking as it is in this heat) so I grabbed some buttermilk pancakes I made last week and froze. I also had sausages that were precooked (I do this for Dad and DH for quick meals) and heated them.

I got a crazy idea and I put a small scoop of the cinnamon ice cream on each of my two pancakes and added some maple syrup. Oh my, this was yummy!

Is there no end to the possibilities for this stuff? I think there should also be a support group because I think I am becoming addicted!
That sounds good. We've only had the ice cream as is, in a small custard dish. No pie or cake available unless I make some. Next time I make cinnamon ice cream, I will use less cinnamon, hubby commented that it was so cinnamony (is that a word? ) lol
__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #27
Senior Cook
 
katybar22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gratefully, Texas
Posts: 411
We have mexican food place that serves (really good) apple pie w/caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream on a sizzle platter so the pie and caramel are really hot and the ice cream is cold! Oh, it's really good.
__________________
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap, she's up".
katybar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #28
Mr. Greenjeans
 
bigdaddy3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Back to the topic at hand,
I'm sorry, I do have a tendency to fly off on a tangent. Here is a stiff ruler, use it at will.
__________________
No matter how many Bibles he swears on, when a dog tells you he's a vegetarian, he's lying.
bigdaddy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
I'm sorry, I do have a tendency to fly off on a tangent. Here is a stiff ruler, use it at will.
BD, I wasn't pointing any fingers, I was just as guilty cause I was having fun. I just didn't want people to get the mistaken idea that the cinnamon ice cream had squid ink in it
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #30
Mr. Greenjeans
 
bigdaddy3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
BD, I wasn't pointing any fingers, I was just as guilty cause I was having fun. I just didn't want people to get the mistaken idea that the cinnamon ice cream had squid ink in it
It doesn't!?
__________________

__________________
No matter how many Bibles he swears on, when a dog tells you he's a vegetarian, he's lying.
bigdaddy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.