Cinnamon Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? No squid ink and fresh eel?

I loved the original Iron Chef. I got TONS of ideas from that show.

Not ingredient ideas, technique and combination ideas.

Although, on the ingredient side, I still jones daily for an ostrich egg deviled egg!!

Back to the topic at hand, I found yet another wonderful idea for this ice cream. I didn't want to cook for lunch (we are cooking as it is in this heat) so I grabbed some buttermilk pancakes I made last week and froze. I also had sausages that were precooked (I do this for Dad and DH for quick meals) and heated them.

I got a crazy idea and I put a small scoop of the cinnamon ice cream on each of my two pancakes and added some maple syrup. Oh my, this was yummy!

Is there no end to the possibilities for this stuff? I think there should also be a support group because I think I am becoming addicted!

I love cinnamon ice cream so much, now I shall have to make this. And buy a pie to scoop it on...

Back to the topic at hand, I found yet another wonderful idea for this ice cream. I didn't want to cook for lunch (we are cooking as it is in this heat) so I grabbed some buttermilk pancakes I made last week and froze. I also had sausages that were precooked (I do this for Dad and DH for quick meals) and heated them.

I got a crazy idea and I put a small scoop of the cinnamon ice cream on each of my two pancakes and added some maple syrup. Oh my, this was yummy!

Is there no end to the possibilities for this stuff? I think there should also be a support group because I think I am becoming addicted!

That sounds good. We've only had the ice cream as is, in a small custard dish. No pie or cake available unless I make some. :) Next time I make cinnamon ice cream, I will use less cinnamon, hubby commented that it was so cinnamony (is that a word? ) lol

We have mexican food place that serves (really good) apple pie w/caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream on a sizzle platter so the pie and caramel are really hot and the ice cream is cold! Oh, it's really good.

I'm sorry, I do have a tendency to fly off on a tangent. Here is a stiff ruler, use it at will.:(

BD, I wasn't pointing any fingers, I was just as guilty cause I was having fun. I just didn't want people to get the mistaken idea that the cinnamon ice cream had squid ink in it :LOL:

I recognize this recipe! I made it last year for Thanksgiving. It was served with apple crisp and pumpkin pie, and it was phenomenal! Everybody loved it.

I have in my notes that I also tried a lighter version, substituting half-and-half for the heavy cream (1 cup) and whole milk for the half-and-half (1 1/2 cups). As expected, there was a slight but noticeable difference in texture, but it was still absolutely delicious!! Plus, the lighter version had 40% less calories and only about 1/3 the fat! I'd use the regular recipe for holidays, but the lighter version is nice for the rest of the time.
icescream.gif

Back
Top Bottom