Cinnamon Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oct. 1972 - Warm apple pie with a slice of cheese and a scoop of cinnamon ice cream while overlooking San Fransisco Bay on a clear night!

I am not the biggest fan of cinnamon, but for some reason I love it in ice cream. I can't wait to hear how it turns out Laurie.

I love Cinnamon Ice Cream with Sweet Potato Pie. :)
I always make it for Thanksgiving... and sometimes I make Cinnamon Ice Cream when I'm making Apple Pie or Crumble, too.

It is in the machine now and I will be sampling it this afternoon after I get back from cleaning my Dad's condo (sale closes in 4 weeks, Yay!!)

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will definitely post the results, and pictures!

Oh, GOMK, that would probably be about 4 pm PST!

Okay, it is only 2:54 and we just got home but I couldn't wait. I headed straight for the freezer "with spoon in hand". That recipe is awesome everyone! When (if) I take the time to actually scoop some into a bowl I will take a picture but it is true heaven!

Well, I had some apples that needed attention and my Dad loves applesauce. I make it unsweetened and no cinnamon because he is diabetic and sweetens and flavours it himself. I put some of the warm applesauce in a dish and topped it with the cinnamon ice cream.

Oh, words can not describe this!

I am a HUGE cinnamon fan. I cannot find a commercial cinnamon icecream so I end up adding it to vanilla.

Oh my... I will have to make some too ! First I will have to make room in the freezer for the drum .

I am a HUGE cinnamon fan. I cannot find a commercial cinnamon icecream so I end up adding it to vanilla.

Bigdaddy, I highly suggest investing in an ice cream maker. You can get them fairly reasonable now and the flavour options are endless! I have a high end Cuisinart, but that is only because I use it in my catering....though I have to admit I use it more and more for personal use!

I am glad you liked it! I made a new batch yesterday and tried it with chocolate cake and strawberries! Yummo. I think I have found my new vanilla!

Bigdaddy, I highly suggest investing in an ice cream maker. You can get them fairly reasonable now and the flavour options are endless! I have a high end Cuisinart, but that is only because I use it in my catering....though I have to admit I use it more and more for personal use!

I have seriously thought about this. I have a kitchen aid so I know they have an attachment.

I have ideas about savory ice creams to be served as a contrast to a soup. Yeah, I know it sounds strange but I can taste it in my head.

also, savory tomato icecream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.

I have seriously thought about this. I have a kitchen aid so I know they have an attachment.

I have ideas about savory ice creams to be served as a contrast to a soup. Yeah, I know it sounds strange but I can taste it in my head.

also, savory tomato icecream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.
You're not alone in wanting to make unusual ice cream. If you do a google with "strange Ice cream" or "Bizarre Ice cream" you can see there are a few out there. ;)

also, savory tomato ice cream served as an accompaniment to fresh tuna salad. Sort of a lettuce bowl with a small scoop of the IC and a small scoop of the tuna salad with sugar snap peas and stripped celery and carrots as garnish/utensils.

Tomato I will give you, but if you start posting recipes for tuna or octopus ice cream I will be wondering if you have been watching too many episodes of the original Japanese "Iron Chef".

I have tried olive oil, beet, avocado and "carrot cake" ice creams as well as tomato and fennel sorbets which were all not bad, but that is as far as I will go I am afraid.

Back
Top Bottom