Coconut ice cream-rec. try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love coconut ice cream, so since I can't find it in stores without added pineapple, I started some tonight..I just used a simple basic vanilla recipe of 1- 13.5 oz.can of coconut milk,beat that for 2 minutes with 1-1/4 cup of sugar, then added 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 3 cupes of heavy cream, 1/2 and 1/2. Put it into the machine and let it go 15 minutes and I just added half of a 7 oz bag of sweetened coconut and will let it go another 20 min. before putting into a freezer continer and freezing it up more. It can be eaten right from the machine, but I like my ice cream HARD..So tomorrow, look out..If you prefer it less sweet, use unsweetened coconut and reduce the amount of the sugar added to the milk.
kadesma:LOL:

I like to make it in a malaysian sort of way. I make a gula melaka sauce. Here goes:

Mix 2 cups coconut milk w/ 2 cups condensed milk and 1 tsp salt. Toss it into an ice-cream maker and wait until ready then put it in a sealable dish and wait for ice crystals to come. Take it out, beat it up, toss it back to the freezer. Wait again, take it out and beat it again. For the gula melaka sauce, in a pot I mix 1 cup brown sugar and several slices of ginger. Stir until sugar has dissolved and then boil. Add 1 pandan leave and simmer for 4 or so mins then toss out the pandan leave. Let the sauce cool down. Pour the sauce over the ice cream, I like it served warm, not scalding hot and not as cold as the ice cream.

CJ, thanks for posting your recipe. I'd noticed you were having that for dessert lately. I've been making do with Edy's coconut pineapple, which is pretty good in our hot weather.

CJ, thanks for posting your recipe. I'd noticed you were having that for dessert lately. I've been making do with Edy's coconut pineapple, which is pretty good in our hot weather.
I can get the coconut pineapple here, but just plain coconut I have to rely on our favorite Chinese place. They gladly sell it to me, but I just thought I'd give it a try and see if I could produce one I liked..This one was just spur of the moment and it turned out the way I wanted:LOL:

kadesma

I like to make it in a malaysian sort of way. I make a gula melaka sauce. Here goes:

Mix 2 cups coconut milk w/ 2 cups condensed milk and 1 tsp salt. Toss it into an ice-cream maker and wait until ready then put it in a sealable dish and wait for ice crystals to come. Take it out, beat it up, toss it back to the freezer. Wait again, take it out and beat it again. For the gula melaka sauce, in a pot I mix 1 cup brown sugar and several slices of ginger. Stir until sugar has dissolved and then boil. Add 1 pandan leave and simmer for 4 or so mins then toss out the pandan leave. Let the sauce cool down. Pour the sauce over the ice cream, I like it served warm, not scalding hot and not as cold as the ice cream.
Thanks for sharing you sauce recipe with us. It sounds tasty and interesting.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom