Dairy-free frozen treats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ardchoille

Senior Cook
Last night I decided to do an experiment, I filled an ice cube tray with Silk vanilla soy milk. This morning I added the Silk cubes and about 4 ounces of liquid Silk vanilla soy milk into my Magic Bullet blender and pulse-blended until smooth. The result was a tasty frozen treat! I'm thinking that less liquid soy milk would render an 'ice cream texture' and more would render a milkshake texture. I could even add strawberries or bananas or chocolate syrup to vary the taste.

I'm loving my Magic Bullet blender!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 380
Not completely frozen, more like a slushy, our homemade limoncello is a great treat and digestivo.:yum:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f121/limoncello-another-recipe-69958.html

Since we started making large batches, we have been leaving the bottles out at room temp and they have been just fine. Funny thing though is after 3-4 months, the liquid has changed from a cloudy yellow to a crystal clear yellow. Didn't see it happen as they were in boxes and we had taken a hiatus from limoncello.
Thank you very much. I have printed it as a PDF. Any hints on making the peeling easier? Or is it just simpler to zest them?

I made lemon sorbet yesterday. I used this recipe Recipe: Lemon Sorbet - Dessert Recipes from The Kitchn. It was delicious but tart. I think this would work better as a palate cleanser than as a dessert. Next time I will put the freezer bowl of my ice cream maker in the freezer for an hour before putting into another container to freeze for the remaining four hours. It was melting really fast.

Instead of hijacking this thread, perhaps you folks should be starting threads of your own? Can we clean this up please?

Ardchoille, I don't think it's hijacking. We discuss cooking here, and we got three nice recipes for non-dairy frozen treats!

Thank you very much. I have printed it as a PDF. Any hints on making the peeling easier? Or is it just simpler to zest them?

Zester, it's nearly impossible to peel that many lemons without getting pith, not to mention muscle fatigue trying to be so careful.

Back
Top Bottom