Eggnog ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I just made some and it is so good! I used 1 and half cup heavy cream and 1 and half cup of eggnog, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, dash of salt, sprinkling of nutmeg, in the ice cream maker.

I just made some and it is so good! I used 1 and half cup heavy cream and 1 and half cup of eggnog, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, dash of salt, sprinkling of nutmeg, in the ice cream maker.
My sister loves egg nog and I've been wanting to make some for Christmas Eve to go along with the other 500 things each one wants needs and is dying for:LOL:This looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
kades

My sister loves egg nog and I've been wanting to make some for Christmas Eve to go along with the other 500 things each one wants needs and is dying for:LOL:This looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
kades

You're welcome ! I don't use alcohol, the ice cream is very flavorful without it . :) I don't know if you have Turkey Hill brand egg nog but that is what I used.

You're welcome ! I don't use alcohol, the ice cream is very flavorful without it . :) I don't know if you have Turkey Hill brand egg nog but that is what I used.
I don't use alcohol either..The children always want some no matter what it is so we stay dry:LOL:
kades

ice cream maker

is it comfortable with you to make it with the ice cream maker....concerned to how much you have saved your time ...compared to hand made ? and tell me What type of ice cream maker now you have for it means of which brand......?

is it comfortable with you to make it with the ice cream maker....concerned to how much you have saved your time ...compared to hand made ? and tell me What type of ice cream maker now you have for it means of which brand......?

I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker , it takes about 30-45 minutes in the ice cream maker , then scoop out the ice cream into a freezer safe bowl and freeze. You can eat the ice cream right after it is made, if you like softer ice cream.

I don't understand why one would think using an ice cream maker is not "hand made." What do you mean by that?

when you put alcohol in ice cream, it doesn't freeze as well.

I made some Eggnog ice cream last year, but I "cheated," because Ronnybrook Dairy at our Greenmarket makes the BEST eggnog using heavy cream, so I just churned a quart of that! It is SO good!!! I am going to do it again for Christmas. But I am also making Saigon Cinnamon ice cream to go with the Sweet Potato Pie. :chef:

How do you make ice cream without an ice cream maker to churn it? :ermm:

Most of the makings for egg nog ice cream are already there in vanilla ice cream. If you use a vanilla ice cream recipe that includes eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla, all you need for that egg nog taste is nutmeg.

Most of the makings for egg nog ice cream are already there in vanilla ice cream. If you use a vanilla ice cream recipe that includes eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla, all you need for that egg nog taste is nutmeg.

No egg in my ice cream, just half milk, half eggnog, sugar and vanilla and dash of nutmeg. ;)

not "eggs-actly!" :LOL: In order to get that rich, eggy taste, you would need to add a couple more egg yolks to your Vanilla ice cream custard.

"cheaper" was never the point for me. I don't want GmbH in my ice cream, and it is in most commercial brands. That's how I got started. Then we discovered that homemade ice cream tastes so darn much better than store-bought. Plus we can control how much sugar, fat etc. goes into it.

Then there's the flavors thing.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom