Favourite ice cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pretty much always make my own ice cream, but last weekend I succumbed to a pint of Stonyfields Organic "After Dark" Chocolate. Yum! :rolleyes: and I almost NEVER choose chocolate! :wacko:

Our grocery store, Publix, has its own brand of ice cream, most of them we've tried and really liked. They have one that I hadn't tried before that is so good I hate to stop eating it - wild berry cheesecake ice cream. It is so good - probably the best I've discovered since cherry nut ice cream.

What is Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream? Sounds interesting.
It's a chocolate ice cream with marshmallow and fudge and caramel that was created with a musical band up in Vermont named Phish. I think the part of the profits go to a charity or something. Phish is no longer, I think, but I loved them.

Ever since I started making my own ice cream, I haven't been able to go back to the commercial stuff. My favorite chocolate ice cream is Dorie Greenspan's "Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream," along with a few of my tweaks - it's intensely deep chocolatey, rich and creamy.

I love Laura Secord's Bordeaux Cherry and Haagen Daaz Bailey's Irish Cream.

I was looking on HD tonight and I want to try their Pistachio and White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle although I'm sure both will be hard to find here.

But there is no bad ice cream. I love ice cream!!!

a friend of mine gave me a recipe for an Ancho chili ice cream. Excellent contrast of "hot" and cold. The peppery flavor is also a plus.

Vanilla Creme Anglaise (the sauce, not a company :p ) makes my favorite vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom