Green Tea Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ally

Assistant Cook
I buy the ready mix type (which is in powder form) n all you have to do is add an egg (raw, not cooked) and 150ml of milk...i use full cream milk n it doesnt turn out well. When i freeze it, it turns out more like ice than cream. :mad: Tried diff methods of making...ie milk then egg....egg then milk...half milk then egg then rest of the milk. But it still comes out icy and hard.:wacko: Anyone kno how to make it soft and creamier???

(p/s: the method on the box is in japanese. but they had an illustration of the egg and milk.)

You probably are not supposed to just mix and put it in the freezer. You probaly need an ice cream maker to do it right.

You really do need an ice cream maker (inexpensive hand-cranked ones can be had for around $25 or so) in order to make ice cream.

Sometimes you can get away with using an all-metal deep-sided baking pan, but you need to break up & beat the mixture every 10-20 minutes or so & refreeze repeatedly for hours. Even if you're diligent with that method you still won't get the results you'd get with an inexpensive ice cream maker.

BreezyCooking said:
You really do need an ice cream maker (inexpensive hand-cranked ones can be had for around $25 or so) in order to make ice cream.

DC has inspired me to get out some of my kitchen equipment that I haven't used for a while. I had not made very much ice cream because my freezer wasn’t really big enough or cold enough for that matter for the “Donivier” hand crank ice cream maker I have. Well since then we have moved and bought a bran spanking new fridge/freezer that offers me the room and the cooling power that I need to make ice cream. Now all I need is recipes. I want try to find something that might be a base for jasmine ice cream. Once I get everything together, I will let you know what kind of results I get, especially concerning the efficiency of the ice cream maker.

Of course, there is always the element of the operator that we have to give consideration to as well. :rolleyes:

Bri

BreezyCooking said:

maybe i should "invest" in a good one since eveyone in my family are ice cream lovers...:-p

I've only had green tea ice cream in a Japanese steak house, but remember it was delicious. I hadn't thought about making it myself, but that is a great idea!

Bingo! Ice Cream Recipes

Well I was looking for ice cream recipes... I found ice cream recipes, free and non-copy righted. I think it' only right however to mention the donor. . This is not an ad on my part as I did not know of this site until yesterday (my little disclaimer), but it has a whole bunch of "Ice Cream" :-p recipes.

http://spaghettiicecream.com/icecream-and-gelato-recipes.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
licia said:
I've only had green tea ice cream in a Japanese steak house, but remember it was delicious. I hadn't thought about making it myself, but that is a great idea!

:idea: A question: do you know if it was mostly ice or did it seem like ordinary ice cream with green tea flavour, instead of vanilla or chocolate, for instance.

Ally said:
maybe i should "invest" in a good one since eveyone in my family are ice cream lovers...:-p

If I had a family of real ice cream lovers, I would give serious considerations to the machines that make two quartes (2 liters) that you put ice and salt along the sides. Unless of course you that you would make enough ice cream to warent the 350.00 to 400.00$ self contained compressor 2 quart (2 liters).

Both of these machines were mentioned in the discussion area on Cookware and Accessories. It might be worth your while to check it out as there is some good first hand advice over there.

Take care

P.S. If you hadn't guessed yet, I looooove Ice Cream...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom