Home Ice Cream makers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RadioGal, those of us who are talking about the Cusinart Ice Cream freezer are talking about this model and not the more expensive compressor type.

At least, that's the model I have and love. BTW, the ICE-20 has a large enough opening in the top to add fruit or anything else I've ever wanted to add to the custard.

No way in the world I would spend $700. for an ice cream freezer, unless I had a restaurant.

That is the one I have too, it is great ! I made some peach ice cream yesterday.

ChefJune,

:huh: You've already made it clear that you would NEVER spend the price I paid for my Musso. Did I ask you to go out and buy one? Regarding the Cuisinart ICE-20, I wasn't interested in commenting on THAT model because it has a freezer bucket that I didn't want to mess with. My freezer is tiny and I don't have room for the buckets and I didn't want to hassle with them. I've also read they aren't always temperature efficient either when making a batch of ice cream. All the Cuisinart ice cream makers have the same thin plastic paddle and loud motors. The ICE-20 has the same thin plastic paddle that's prone to breaking as the $300 compressor model. That bothered me about them.

Linda

Sorry, I use ice, small rock salt and a couple of ziplock bags. Works great.

put ice and salt in one large ziplock, put the ice cream mixture in the other. Place the ice cream bag in side the ice bag and agitate for 10 to 15 minutes.

Makes pretty good ice cream...
i'll have to try this method since I can't afford any type of ice cream maker right now..

Sorry, I use ice, small rock salt and a couple of ziplock bags. Works great.

put ice and salt in one large ziplock, put the ice cream mixture in the other. Place the ice cream bag in side the ice bag and agitate for 10 to 15 minutes.

Makes pretty good ice cream...

GENIUS!!!! I bow in worship.

Back
Top Bottom