I am looking for recipes for weird Japanese Ice Cream flavors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalia555

Assistant Cook
This is mostly for curiosity's sake but I am wondering if anyone can help me find recipes for the 8 weird flavors of Japanese Ice Creams described here? If you can I would appreciate it.

P.S. If the link is no good I can just list the flavors in a second post.

@ Animalia,

I have travelled in Japan, Tokyo, Shuan shi, Yamaguchi and Kiyoto, and here are some of the icecream flavors I had encountered:

1) Matcha Green Tea.
2) Rice Icecream.
3) Watermelon Icecream.
4) Sakura Blossom.
5) Honey Icecream.
6) Monaka Sándwich Icecream: Served in a crisp outer Shell similar to a Cone but only in taste but it is shaped like a circle that is folded in half Shell however, the sides of the circle are upright and the icecream sits in the fold.
7) Gari Kun: This is Ices that are created into Icecream ..
8) Anmitsu: Agar and Chestnut ..

Good luck and have a lovely wkend.

Last edited:
I found a video for making Chicken Wing Ice Cream that looked promising once. I was thinking, "I can write down the steps in this video for the recipe, that will work." Then when I started watching the video I found out that rather than actually making Ice Cream for the Ice Cream they used soft serve for it. At that point I stopped the video as I knew it was useless for my purposes. If anyone thinks they can take said video and make a recipe out of it where they make every part of the Chicken Wing Ice Cream, including the Ice Cream (I would not make you try your recipe, I'm not cruel) I am willing to go ahead and post a link to the video.

P.S. One Ice Cream flavor I DID succeed in finding a recipe for is Cactus Ice Cream

I found a video for making Chicken Wing Ice Cream that looked promising once. I was thinking, "I can write down the steps in this video for the recipe, that will work." Then when I started watching the video I found out that rather than actually making Ice Cream for the Ice Cream they used soft serve for it. At that point I stopped the video as I knew it was useless for my purposes. If anyone thinks they can take said video and make a recipe out of it where they make every part of the Chicken Wing Ice Cream, including the Ice Cream (I would not make you try your recipe, I'm not cruel) I am willing to go ahead and post a link to the video.

P.S. One Ice Cream flavor I DID succeed in finding a recipe for is Cactus Ice Cream
. Maybe you guys can help me modify the recipe for the fact that they use soft serve ice cream to create a recipe for making Chicken Wing Ice Cream from scratch? I should probaly also point out that in the list I linked to the Chicken Wings were Nagoya style so that would presumably effect the ingredients as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an episode of Iron Chef where Chef Sakai made trout ice cream.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom